JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to install a leveling kit on my 2011 Sahara to clear 33"-34" tires. I was considering the Teraflex, Rock Krawler and AEV. Does anyone have any personal experience with any of these or recommendations? Thanks

·
Registered
613 Posts
Spend a little extra and go with a 2.5" coil lift and aftermarket shocks. Get a little nicer ride.

If your dead set in level kit they're all descent. It's just spacers so go with what's cheapest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I go with one of the spacer kits, will I need to have shock extensions, extended bump stops, etc??

·
Registered
359 Posts
If I go with one of the spacer kits, will I need to have shock extensions, extended bump stops, etc??
Not really but if you're considering doing all of that, then go with what Blackr6 said and get a 2.5 coil lift which generally will come with those parts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really didn't want to do all of that, but didn't want to screw something up by not doing it either. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Did you search at all? More than enough info out there on what your looking for and the how to do it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've searched a lot, but wanted to talk with someone who has experience with spacer kits before purchasing.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
not trying to be a dick here, but I honestly find it had to believe you were unable to find the info your were looking for through searching.

there are more and more threads popping up about simple stuff like this that has been covered hundreds of times. But no one wants to spent the time to do the research. Rant over

Personally I would look into RKs stock/flex kit and go from there, look in the regional section and look for guys close by. There are plenty of guys that are willing to help for beer and pizza.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Sir

Our new 1.5" Triple Rate Coils will be out mid December. They will level the vehicle and should do the trick for you. On an Unlimited you can add just the coils and shocks for a bare bones setup! Then it can be built up from there with no problems.

JP

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! That sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm assuming that the 1.5" will hold up with bumper and winch?

·
Registered
64 Posts
not trying to be a dick here,
Well you are, the guy is just asking for some help, would it kill ya to spend 30 seconds and share your knowledge? I've searched before and found nothing useful only to post and get insulted like this. And it's always by twenty-somethings like you.. Grow up, be a man and show a little respect for your fellow Jeepers.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Well you are, the guy is just asking for some help, would it kill ya to spend 30 seconds and share your knowledge? I've searched before and found nothing useful only to post and get insulted like this. And it's always by twenty-somethings like you.. Grow up, be a man and show a little respect for your fellow Jeepers.
I get that you can search and not find what you are looking for, but this particular subject has been cover many times before. I have plenty of respect for my fellow jeepers, but when someone doesnt want to take the time to search for info that is out there and expects others to do the work for them how will they learn. Why not tell like it is so they dont keep doing it.

At this point I am not dissing the OP, this is a general statement as you see these threads popping up all the time now.

Not sure what my age has anything to do with it either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts