JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at AEV, terraflex, and Currie.

From my impressions: terraflex is the cheapest, AEV is good for the price, and Currie seems like the top dog as far as price.

What's everyone's opinions? I'm putting on a full size bumper and a Xeon 8000 winch... So a leveling kit is in order.

· Registered
227 Posts
I had the Teraflex kit on my old jeep. For the price it's hard to beat. My only complaint with it was the sway bar end links. The zerks are pretty fragile and after the first year the bushings were shot.

· Premium Member
4,677 Posts
If you have any questions about our products let us know! We do have just a Budget Boost which is a 1.75" poly spacer and a set of out disconnects in the front and a .75" poly spacer in the rear to level the jeeps stance. What are your future plans for your rig? Only reason we ask is that a lot of poeple end up pulling out the spacer kits to put a full coil in its place.

RK

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have any questions about our products let us know! We do have just a Budget Boost which is a 1.75" poly spacer and a set of out disconnects in the front and a .75" poly spacer in the rear to level the jeeps stance. What are your future plans for your rig? Only reason we ask is that a lot of poeple end up pulling out the spacer kits to put a full coil in its place.

RK
I have a winch and warn full width front bumper. I plan on going no bigger than 33's because I have 3.73's and the stock Dana 30. Not planning on changing axles. I may end up getting a locker for the front but will leave the vLSD in the back. Will get QD links. No plans to turn this into a rock monster because this is my daily driver. More so want a very capable machine for back country camping, snowshoeing, and mountain biking.

A couple of the kits insinuate (or directly state) that with the spacers and bump stops, that you can install longer travel struts, and get more articulation than stock. Is this the case with all leveling kits?

· Premium Member
4,677 Posts
I have a winch and warn full width front bumper. I plan on going no bigger than 33's because I have 3.73's and the stock Dana 30. Not planning on changing axles. I may end up getting a locker for the front but will leave the vLSD in the back. Will get QD links. No plans to turn this into a rock monster because this is my daily driver. More so want a very capable machine for back country camping, snowshoeing, and mountain biking.

A couple of the kits insinuate (or directly state) that with the spacers and bump stops, that you can install longer travel struts, and get more articulation than stock. Is this the case with all leveling kits?
Yes you will have the same amount of travel as stock if you don't change the shock length. What do you have a 2 dr or 4 dr?

RK

· Registered
565 Posts
I'd look into a kit that replaces the springs (EVO MFG or Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit). With a bumper and winch, you'll end up with sagging springs.

· Premium Member
4,677 Posts
You could also go the route of one of our 2.5" Stock Mod kits, all of our kits provide more lift in the front then the rear to level the stance of the rig out. The factory coils do not hold up well to more weight and usually will sag a lot. A Budget Boost or leveling kit that uses a spacer still relies on the stock coil spring weights.

RK

· Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Looking at AEV, terraflex, and Currie.

From my impressions: terraflex is the cheapest, AEV is good for the price, and Currie seems like the top dog as far as price.

What's everyone's opinions? I'm putting on a full size bumper and a Xeon 8000 winch... So a leveling kit is in order.
Not sure why we didn't make the list but we have a kit that includes 1.75" spacers up front and .75" spacers out back. It will level the Jeep perfectly if you are still running the stock bumpers etc... It's $100 BTW.

· Registered
8 Posts
Check out the Rancho 2" sport kit. It provides front springs, rear spacers, and 9000xl series shocks. Mine rides better than stock and the install took me about 4.5 hours working alone.

Mike

· Registered
316 Posts
I picked up spacers off ebay similar to the ones Pig posted but were only 1", brand new not in box and were only $70 (ish), I only put the front spacers in and worked great leveling out

I would check there first to see if you can find something cheap

· Registered
342 Posts
mine is also my daily driver I'm going with the rock crawler leveling kit it also comes with QD links i cant remember what model jeep you said you have. But i have an X and plan on throwing some take off rubicon springs and shocks. they are always postings for them. Just food for thought. oh and im most likely going to put some wheel spacers in while im in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

· Registered
28 Posts
I went with a Teraflex leveling kit on my 12 Rubi. In my mind all spacer lifts do the same thing and Tera was the best price. Initially all was well - good kit good price and leveled the jeep and gave front and back about a one inch additional height. After that I installed a Smittybilt bumper and Warn 9.5 cti and the front end did sag and the rake came back. Also the jeep does a serious nose dive any time I brake hard which can be a real dangerous situation at highway speeds which I found out on a recent trip down to Fla. My plan was to go with a cheap lift until I put together the money for a full suspension lift. If I was planning on only doing the leveling kit and not ever changing I would definitely seriously consider changing out at least the front coils to avoid sag from aftermarket parts and the serious handling issue. I am going to guess that if you put an aftermarket bumper and carrier and larger tire on the back with a leveling kit back both front and back may sag about the same and you'll get an about level jeep but not as much lift as the kit advertises.

· Premium Member
2,402 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.