JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have the time to be a hard core off road guy but would like to level off or raise my JK. What is the best way to go about this any suggestions? What are the costs in doing so?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Teraflex Leveling kit.... 2" front and 1" rear....call them and order over the phone and mention JKO and get a few bucks off. Mine was $128 with shipping. Leveling my JK has improved the looks, and it wasn't a bank buster either. Just my two cents!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Teraflex Leveling kit.... 2" front and 1" rear....call them and order over the phone and mention JKO and get a few bucks off. Mine was $128 with shipping. Leveling my JK has improved the looks, and it wasn't a bank buster either. Just my two cents!!!
x2 if you're not gonna do much wheelin

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
A spacer kit, or leveling kit, is EASY to install (maybe 3-5 hours with hand tools and floor jacks), and cheap. Teraflex makes a decent kit. They CAN tend to increase load on the factory springs, and do not add flex, or compensate for varying loads as well as a spring lift kit. If you plan on adding aftermarket steel bumpers down the road, you will have sag problems- you will lose some, if not all, of the height from the spacers. At that point, get coils.
Or start with a coil spring kit. The 2" kit from Old Man Emu isn't overly spendy, is great quality, and will allow you to fit 33's no problem. Personally, I don't think too highly of spacers, so this would get the nod from me.
And, as I've said countless times, and will say countless more, stay away from Rough Country. It's cheap for a reason- Mark W.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts