JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at level 8 strike 5 wheels to go on new tires for me. Going with 37" again.

However the black with polished lip I want is only available in a 0 offset with 4.5" BS

The all black is -12 offset with 4.5" BS.

will the polished lip cause any rubbing with 37" tires?

I assume not since I see many pics of people running them on here but wan to be sure as they originally did not come up in my search for wheels for the JK. I had a DTD tech find them for me.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

I am just a bit thrown off on the offset of the two

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just for the record, a rim with a -12 offset should have .5" less backspacing than the same rim with a 0 offset.

The only way for a rim with -12 offset to have the same backspacing as one with 0 offset is for it to be 1" wider than the 0 offset rim.

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
Looking at level 8 strike 5 wheels to go on new tires for me. Going with 37" again.

However the black with polished lip I want is only available in a 0 offset with 4.5" BS

The all black is -12 offset with 4.5" BS.

will the polished lip cause any rubbing with 37" tires?

I assume not since I see many pics of people running them on here but wan to be sure as they originally did not come up in my search for wheels for the JK. I had a DTD tech find them for me.

I run the 17" Strike 5s with "polished" (machined) rim on KO2 37" tires and have no rubbing on 3" Synergy lift. I find the backspace to be ideal & I do not run spacers....

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got mine installed last Friday....and broke my neck Sunday and now cant drive for 6 weeks. :(

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
I got mine installed last Friday....and broke my neck Sunday and now cant drive for 6 weeks. :(
?! "broke your neck? Man, sorry, dude. Hope you heal quickly and I probably don't wanna know how you managed that. Yikes, well, once back in the saddle, you will like such a lightweight , good looking , affordable wheel. one of my 37" KO2s plus one of the 17 Level 8s is under 100lbs. I keep thinking I am gonna break one but they are tough f*ckers, Two sets have served me very well...I have beadlocks coming up soon but as axles will be coming with those, until then I will use the StrikeVs ...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep fractured vertebrae in my neck at the gym. I only got to drive on my strike 5 and Nitto trail for less than 150 miles lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts