JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the crappie battery power distribution on the JK . I dont think I need a dual set up yet . So Im looking for ideas on something else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Painless 7

I installed a Painless 7-circuit fuse block. It is wired directly to the battery, so bypasses the computer. IIRC, all fuses are 20A - some switched, some unswitched. So far, I have used circuits for: (1.) Heated seats, F&R. (2.) KC road lights. (3.) AMP Power Steps.

I posted the installation in "write-ups".

P.S. - Not sure what to do if I want a 12V fridge in the back of my Sport-S (no outlet in the way-back.)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I installed a Painless 7-circuit fuse block. It is wired directly to the battery, so bypasses the computer. IIRC, all fuses are 20A - some switched, some unswitched. So far, I have used circuits for: (1.) Heated seats, F&R. (2.) KC road lights. (3.) AMP Power Steps.

I posted the installation in "write-ups".

P.S. - Not sure what to do if I want a 12V fridge in the back of my Sport-S (no outlet in the way-back.)
FWIW - I installed an ARB hardwire kit for my ARB50 behind the rear seats of my JKUR - highly recommend. Low voltage drop improves efficiency.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
I hate the crappie battery power distribution on the JK . I dont think I need a dual set up yet . So Im looking for ideas on something else.

That's kinda vague. Are you talking about aux stuff like lights and stuff?

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's kinda vague. Are you talking about aux stuff like lights and stuff?
Lol , No I have a Switch Pro, but I have a wench and getting ready to add a compressor and an amp all have big power wires. So that crappie battery terminal needs to go . I have been looking at new battery terminals. I was just curios if someone had done something different for a separate power distribution.

·
Registered
930 Posts
You could just run a power wire to a buss mounted wherever and gang them all there. Isn't that pretty much the point of buying a switch pros though? Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have done that for my lights and small stuff , 😎 but you throw a wench , a compressor and a fridge , amp on that . It sucks , the Switch Pro will run all of that but you still have main power feeds that have to go to the battery, I am looking to run a 0 to the center console with a distribution block to run my compressors and amp and then a feed for a fridge. I was just looking to see if anyone had done something like this .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Look into car audio battery terminals, they are set up for multiple connections:

From there you can go to a power distribution block

1 - 8 of 8 Posts