JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a message from a member of JK-Forum. Apparently JK-Forum posted the following information on their website. I have not seen it posted on there because it was posted in the FL section and that section is only viewable to registered users. I'm banned, so I cannot view it. But, he was kind enough to copy and paste it in a message to me.

------------------------------------------------------------
" In an effort to answer some questions....

It has been brought to my attention that several members in the Sunshine State forum have had questions regarding the banning of one of your fellow members named Jason and the organization that he operated called WFTW. In the event you are interested in knowing what happend, he was banned for soliciting his organization as well as fundraiser items associate with it and without obtaining permission to do so first as our rules require. Unfortunately, I never knew who he was or that he was even a member here until one of our moderators temporarily deleted one of his solicitations pending review and this apparently caused him to react rather emotionally and irrationally. In my experience, the only people who react in this manner are people who have something to hide. Of course, upon investigation, I have found that his organization is NOT in fact a 501(c)(3) organization but rather, has attempted to piggy-back it on another "not-for-profit" organization called U.S. Veterans Matter. Upon further investigation, I found that U.S. Veterans Matter could not be found on any of the following reputable non-profit website checks including the IRS:

http://us.bbb.org/WWWRoot/SitePage.a...1-1ace558f9082

http://www.irs.gov/charities/article...=96136,00.html

http://www.guidestar.org/

http://www.charitynavigator.org/

Likewise, looking closely at U.S. Veterans Matter, I found the following:
-- NO current or past events listed
-- NO programs listed
-- NO purpose or goals listed
-- NO sponsors listed
-- NO proof of what they've done to help anyone
-- NO proof of what they are doing now

In the end, what I have found is plenty of talk, a built up Jeep and a guy that goes around the country wheeling it compliments of people paying him to do so.

While we at JK-Forum.com are more than eager to help support our troops, our veterans and/or any charitable cause 110%, we will only do so if permission is requested in advance, proof can be shown to us that they are in fact ligitimate non-profit organization and that their service record to others is truly deserving of our support.

Now, if you would still like to support this guy and his organization in spite of what you now know, that is entirely up to you. My reasons for posting this message was not made to convince you of anything but rather, to explain why we have decided to ban this member and why we will not allow his organization to be promoted here in the future. I hope you can be understanding of that and be respectful of our requests.

If you have any questions, please contact me by PM.

Administrator"
------------------------------------------------------------

I'll add a few things...
1. I was never contacted by JK-Forum in reference to any of this.
2. The "Combat Rated" billet badges have zero to do with the WFTW organization. It's simply something I'm putting on my Jeep and I thought others would want. I'm not making any money from them.
3. I have nothing to hide, as was said, and have answered every email and every question anyone has ever asked me.
4. I have never said, or implied, that the WFTW program is a non-profit organization. There are many reasons I've chosen not to make it a non-profit organization, which I will go into further detail if anyone would like me to do so.
5. U.S. Veterans Matter is a non-profit organization and is covering the WFTW program. Their tax identification number is 260810382.
6. I have not "attempted" to "piggy-back" the WFTW program. It is covered by U.S. Veterans Matter. Anyone doubting that can contact the organization if they so choose.
7. In reference to whoever posted that having looked into U.S. Veterans Matter, apparently they didn't do a good job.
Past Events: http://www.usveteransmatter.com/news_pastEvents.html
Mission Statement: http://www.usveteransmatter.com/about_mission.html
Founder: http://www.usveteransmatter.com/meet_leadership.html
Lorrayne is currently working on re-vamping the website, but has not been able to finish it yet. She travels quite a bit and is a "doer" not a "talker." So, I can understand why the website has not been her top priority.
8. Nobody is paying me to go across the country and wheel my Jeep. Charity events have been held for the program. I receive none of the funds raised...zero. The funds raised are kept by the event host clubs holding the fund raiser to be used at their main WFTW event to take place next year.
9. Unlike other non-profit organizations in which people who work for the organization get paid a salary, I do not. I'm doing this for free, which means I will be out of work for at least 6 months next year (the length of the program).
10. I am giving out WFTW stickers in exchange for a $5 donation. This money will be used to help with the cost of fuel, campsite fees, camping gear for wounded service members who do not have any, etc. ALL donations are tax deductible and I have kept a record of the amounts donated and by who they were donated by (name and address). This is all reported quarterly to US Veterans Matter for tax purposes.
11. If anyone would like their donation refunded, I will do so, no questions asked.

For those of you who do not know, this program began when I told some fellow off-road enthusiasts that I was going to take my friend, who lost both his legs to an IED here in Iraq, off-roading and camping for a weekend in Texas. Many of them expressed interest in coming along for that. After a short time, another suggested I do the same for other wounded service members since I was going to travel all over the country for 2 months anyway. I liked that idea and the program was conceived. It was lengthened from 2 months to 6 months because, as word spread, I had other clubs contacting me about holding an event in their State and I didn't want them to be left out.

It's a shame that the powers that be on that website would post a thread like they have. I will now be contacting my sponsors, explaining what has transpired and if they no longer wish to be involved with this program, then that will be up to them.

Regardless if the program has 100 sponsors or none, it will still take place. There are hundreds of off-road enthusiasts organizing events all over the country to honor our wounded service members and a forum such as JK-Forum will not change that.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sounds like classic jk-forum spin control (or in this case damage control). I don't know what you said that was "emotional or irrational" but what is clear is that you pushed someone's buttons and they brought out the ban stick as they commonly do. I've never seen an internet forum that was operated by people with such thin skins. And I like how they say they "temporarily deleted" your post! LOL - I'm sure there was nothing temporary about it. And how about checking with the poster and doing the "review" before deleting the post - how's that for a concept? No, it's clear to me that because you were pissed at them for deleting your post (this should be a common reaction by the way to anyone with a backbone - not just those with "something to hide") and were in apparent violation of their lame rules they chose to ban you. Then when they saw the backlash on the forum, they did some further research to come up with an explanation that seems plausible - that is until you hear the other side of the story (which will never happen on that forum).

I was once an active member of jk-forum (had a few hundred posts I think). I left there a while ago (requested that my membership be removed and was banned) after receiving the partial ban treatment after I posted a well-meaning, respectful post that offered some constructive criticism of their rules/practices. It is clear that jk-forum is not the place for an open dialogue about anything. I figured that as they started losing members they would change their ways, but it apparently hasn't happened yet. Oh well - good for JKowners.com!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damage control is exactly what they are trying to do. There's no other reason they would post something like that for all to see. They realized they messed up when the FL guys started bailing (which I did not ask them to do).

I have sent an email to my sponsors who advertise on that forum. I thought it was something I should do since those sponsors frequent the forum and may have seen what was posted by the administrator. I told them that, in light of what has happened, if they wanted to discontinue their support of this program, then I would give them a refund on the parts they supplied for the Jeep, in full, immediately.

For the administrator of that forum to post what he did without ever contacting me, nor U.S. Veterans Matter, is a slap in the face to those we are honoring through this program.

Oh, and I find it hard to believe he did not know I was participating on that forum given the amount of posts I had, my avatar being of the WFTW program, and that one of his own moderators attended a WFTW charity event in June.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Worst forum on the net. I got banned there before I could even join. Simply because I wrote a few articles for Rockcrawler.com 5-6 years ago.

Now I am happy to visit here and JKBoard.

·
Registered
962 Posts
He not only offended you Jason, he has now offended the entire US military.
Does he not realize how many snipers there are?

I think you should contact a lawyer to boot, public slander is still a crime, right? His fabrication of "the truth" to cover his sorry a$$ should be held against him a court of law.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know...the more I think about it, the more I realize how little it matters. Of all the Jeeps, what percentage of them are JKs? Furthermore, of all the JK owners, what percentage of them participate on that forum?

The WFTW program is for all 4x4's...Jeeps, Toyotas, Hummers, Chevy's, Fords, Nissans, all of them. The audience that JK-Forum has is minute in the off-roading world.

The WFTW program isn't about me, nor any one person. Hundreds of patriotic, off-road enthusiasts are currently planning events to show our appreciation for our country's wounded service members. The actions of JK-Forum's administrator will not change that.

I feel my reputation in the off-road community is a good one. I'm a member of the Blue Ribbon Coalition and Tread Lightly. In fact, the director of Tread Lightly attended the WFTW event in June when we agreed to host the trail marking event for their (and Hummer's) Recreation Rescue program. I hit the trails as often as I can with others, none of whom I've ever had any issues with.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you should contact a lawyer to boot, public slander is still a crime, right? His fabrication of "the truth" to cover his sorry a$$ should be held against him a court of law.
I'm not someone to sue on a whim. What I requested from the FL section leader was that he pass on to those responsible that I would like all my posts and my account to be deleted (this was before the administrator posted what he did).

I have contacted my sponsors who advertise on that forum to make them aware of the situation. I do not expect them to pull their advertisements from that forum, but just want them to know the true story, rather than the one the administrator attempted to deceive everyone with.

I will be contacting U.S. Veterans Matter about this because I feel they have a right to know. There are statements he made about that program which are lies (example: He looked "closely" at U.S. Veterans Matter but found no information on past or present events, no purpose or goals listed, etc.). I'm no lawyer, so I don't know if there is a case there, but if they wish to pursue legal action, then that will be left up to them.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Whatever! We all know you're a trouble maker with a spotty past. You probably flick burning smokes out the window driving through the forest while running over small animals everytime you offroad. Heck I saw you kick a baby once. :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

I agree. Small potatoes man. If anything just make sure your name/WFTW doesn't get **** on by some asshat. :mr-t:I pity the fool.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm not someone to sue on a whim. What I requested from the FL section leader was that he pass on to those responsible that I would like all my posts and my account to be deleted (this was before the administrator posted what he did).
I STRONGLY urge you to file a libel lawsuit against that group and Eddie directly. It's not incumbent that you follow the lawsuit to its bitter end, but that it gets filed and that there is a history. Your name is the only thing you really own. You never know how something like this could affect you, and it's best to get a paper trail of what's really what. Additionally, this could help out a fellow Jeeper down the road that is also wronged by that guy.

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
**** em. Theyre mud between your toes. Keep on walking.

I havent been banned yet, but that's only because their server is acting weird. Im done w/ that ****ty forum.

Do I sound bitter? LOL

Im gonna plan a trail ride and post up here soon...that otta kickstart the florida boys on this forum. Will check out the other one as well.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I STRONGLY urge you to file a libel lawsuit against that group and Eddie directly. It's not incumbent that you follow the lawsuit to its bitter end, but that it gets filed and that there is a history. Your name is the only thing you really own. You never know how something like this could affect you, and it's best to get a paper trail of what's really what. Additionally, this could help out a fellow Jeeper down the road that is also wronged by that guy.
I sent everything to U.S. Veterans Matter. It's not that I have any thing against a lawsuit being filed, but I'd rather focus my energy and attention on ensuring the success of the program.

The program has been received quite well by everyone with the exception of the JK-Forum. The charity events have all been successful and the plans for the main events are shaping up really well. In fact, there will be an official military presence at most of them.

When I was home on vacation in June I was interview by a television morning news program and they have already contacted me about doing a follow-up interview in a few months. The program is so popular, in fact, that I routinely receive emails from many groups asking how they may get involved. Even the Jacksonville Jaguar cheerleaders contacted me stating they would like to help. Most recently, I was contacted by the woman in charge of the Veteran's Day parade for the city of Jacksonville and she wants to have a WFTW presence in this year's parade. Additionally, Four Wheeler magazine is a supporter of the program and will be publishing an article per month during the length of the program.

All of this would not be happening if the program wasn't legit. Did the administrator of that forum seriously think companies such as those sponsoring this program would do so without checking into it first? I'm thinking the administrator of that forum should have done a little more homework before attempting to derail such a program by telling lies. This program will be successful. I could be killed by a mortar tomorrow and this program would still take place because there are hundreds of people involved in the planning process. This will be an event like no other in which the entire off-road community can come together to bring joy to those who've given so much in their service to our country.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. It's amazing how those who've actually met me and those who've participated in the WFTW charity events have no issues with me nor with the program, but the administrator of that website makes it sound as though I'm the devil. :shaking:

Honestly, he's giving me more credit than I deserve if he thinks I'm smart enough to fool the entire off-road community into thinking this program isn't a sham. I'm really not that smart. :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Jason- GOD BLESS YOU for serving your country. You are obviously one HELL of a good guy, and dont deserve the indignant treatment that you've received over there (at "censorship-R-us" forum- not Iraq). Please make it home safe. BTW...looks from other posts that maybe you are home now...My bad...God bless anyway.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not home yet...still in Fallujah. With any luck, I will be returning sometime next week, although nothing is certain over here. Thank you for the support and kind words. :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
WOL said:
"In the end, what I have found is plenty of talk, a built up Jeep and a guy that goes around the country wheeling it compliments of people paying him to do so."
hmm Pot, this is Kettle, locstat

·
Registered
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOL
"In the end, what I have found is plenty of talk, a built up Jeep and a guy that goes around the country wheeling it compliments of people paying him to do so."

hmm Pot, this is Kettle, locstat

That right there is down right funny.

"They see me rollin, they hatin"

1 - 20 of 66 Posts