JKOwners Forum banner

241 - 260 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
With the price that everyone wants for there armor/corners and still having to modify them I think I will just try my hand at building my own.... I will give me more money for an LS swap.... 2dr, 8" stretch, v8, either PR 60s or Currie 9s. It's going to be little by little until the government gives me my back pay.
After getting laid-off I have come back down to reality. I already have the 35 spline upgrade OX Locker w/ Nitro Shafts and cryogenic treated 4.88s in the rear. I'm going to keep the 3.6L/5spd Auto that's in there for at least 3-4 years. Christmas `14 my girl bought me beadlocks. Christmas `15 she bought me 37x14/17 Irok. So no need for PR60 or Fab'ed 9s.

It's only about 3"-3 1/2". RK makes great products! If your not in a hurry to do the work, I'd wait till RK comes out with theirs and then make the decision!
I have my TF 4" right now and I have good to the OHV parks a couple times and I'm wanting to go down. Your 3-3.5" looks good. What springs are you using up front?

Thanks! The original plan was to lose the stock taillights. After realizing anything I bought would need to be customized anyway and the Overkill corners being so rare. I figured why change it! The screwed up color I picked.....That needs to be changed!!:suicide:
It looks like Fusion4x4 might start making 2dr stretch corners. What corners did you start off with?
I'm planning on losing my stock tail lights. I have a pair of military HMMWV tail lights that I want to flush mount just like they are on the HMMWV's.

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
What springs are you using up front?
What corners did you start off with?
I'm running Fox 12" Coilovers up front with Eiback Springs. The corners I started with were made by a company by the name of OverKill Engineering. I'd look into the ones you stated or Crawler Concepts. AEV makes a builder corner, however their only 1/8 thick, so that's an option too you'd just need to do the same as I and add to them.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
What are your plans for the top?? I've been thinking about doing the same thing to mine but I would have to find someone that can modify my soft top.
Jeep Works(the company that does JKL's) is doing softtop and I believe they are doing hardtops too. I don't think it cheap though!!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Here's the Soft Top and Hardtop pics for reference....

ImageUploadedByAG Free1457109654.061577.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1457109663.680589.jpg
I'm not a fan of the softtop, but the Hardtop looks great in my opinion!

·
Registered
78 Posts
for my top i got a twill trecktop and a guy around here ,a boat top fabricator gone do is thing on it , and thank you guys for the comments

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Jeep Works(the company that does JKL's) is doing softtop and I believe they are doing hardtops too. I don't think it cheap though!!
HOLY CRAP!!! This is what I get for not hanging out here for ~2 years... I had no idea some genius was doing an aftermarket JKL mod. Talk about the perfect jeep :gluging:

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!! This is what I get for not hanging out here for ~2 years... I had no idea some genius was doing an aftermarket JKL mod. Talk about the perfect jeep :gluging:
For 12.5k though....no special goodies :eek: The guy does do incredible work though so......

·
Registered
159 Posts
JKL Builder Kits now available

We are getting ready to release a builder kit for our JKL conversions. The kit includes all the parts necessary to stretch the body and frame 10". The kit also includes wiring harness and fuel line extensions? It is still a very involved process but this kit will make the coversion much easier for someone wanting to tackle it themselves. There are options with the rear roll cage and rear corners but the base kit will retail for $2300 and we will give a $300 discount to a JKO forum member. Check out our Facebook page for photos of our currant JKL builds.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Really??? Are you modifying an existing top or making a new one?
Currently modifying the exsiting factory hardtop. Requires lots of labor and expensive custom glass. Working with a company that makes hardtops for JK's to make tops for our JKL's. Should bring price down to about $2500. If you have a hardtop to sell should bring net price down to about $1500. Here's another photo of the modified factory hardtop and Bestop TrxNX top.

http://[URL=http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/kkwpres/media/Hydro%20JKL/image_zpsmep5gghv.jpeg.html]
[/URL]

[URL="http://[/URL]

·
Registered
1 Posts
What all do you have to do to stretch it like this? I want to do a small stretch for now because im on 35s and dont want it to look stupid by comp cutting it. I have an adams ds and new trackbar mount. What else? Do you have a build thread?

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
With that stretch you have to cut the jeep in half and extend the frame and wire harnesses. Then add sheet metal back into the hole you would now have then send it to the body shop for final touch ups and paint. If you care concerned about the carpet you would need to have some custom carpet done as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The wiring harnesses were something I never even thought about when I was looking at that body stretch. That's an incredible amount of work that goes into those JKL wranglers. I think when the time comes, I'll just comp cut mine.

241 - 260 of 278 Posts