JKOwners Forum banner

221 - 240 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm planning on taking my 2dr with 4" TF springs and stretching it. Before I stretch it I will fit it with either 37x14 Iroks or 40x16 LTBs, leaning toward the 40s

The stretch will be RK Offroad Pro. But 8" stretch doesn't look appealing to my eye for me to be driving (I'm in FL so it's not the steep climbs).

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I'm planning on taking my 2dr with 4" TF springs and stretching it. Before I stretch it I will fit it with either 37x14 Iroks or 40x16 LTBs, leaning toward the 40s

The stretch will be RK Offroad Pro. But 8" stretch doesn't look appealing to my eye for me to be driving (I'm in FL so it's not the steep climbs).

I didn't comp cut mine...
ImageUploadedByAG Free1432000999.065209.jpg

I left as much corner as possible, this is an 8" stretch. Still got to replace the rock rails and the hardtop isn't on any longer...looks better with a softtop. IMO

·
Registered
646 Posts
[iurl="http://www.jkowners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=214226&d=1432000999"]
[/iurl]

I left as much corner as possible, this is an 8" stretch. Still got to replace the rock rails and the hardtop isn't on any longer...looks better with a softtop. IMO

That looks good, how tall of a lift is on there? RK said they are about to come out with a 6" stretch. I'm thinking about waiting and going with that.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
That looks good, how tall of a lift is on there? RK said they are about to come out with a 6" stretch. I'm thinking about waiting and going with that.
It's only about 3"-3 1/2". RK makes great products! If your not in a hurry to do the work, I'd wait till RK comes out with theirs and then make the decision!

·
Registered
979 Posts
View attachment 214226

Hogg, I love your Jeep... I especially like how you kept the stock taillights with those corners. Looks awesome. Corners are coming up on my list, and I really like the look of the stock taillights. Awesome Jeep!!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Hogg, I love your Jeep... I especially like how you kept the stock taillights with those corners. Looks awesome. Corners are coming up on my list, and I really like the look of the stock taillights. Awesome Jeep!!
Thanks! The original plan was to lose the stock taillights. After realizing anything I bought would need to be customized anyway and the Overkill corners being so rare. I figured why change it! The screwed up color I picked.....That needs to be changed!!:suicide:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Here are some updated pics of mine in the environment

I love how you kept the stock trail lights. I'm almost set to pull the trigger on a RK 6" stretch but I'm still thinking about going 8" too. Can I do 8 and keep the stock tail lights?

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I love how you kept the stock trail lights. I'm almost set to pull the trigger on a RK 6" stretch but I'm still thinking about going 8" too. Can I do 8 and keep the stock tail lights?
Yes...he runs the same corners I do. His stretch is a little different than mine however same out come. So, yes you can do an 8" stretch and keep the stock taillights....your going to have to break bread due to Overkill being out of business!! The only company who makes corner like ours is Road Armor....their prices are stupid!! :eek:

·
Registered
646 Posts
With the price that everyone wants for there armor/corners and still having to modify them I think I will just try my hand at building my own.... I will give me more money for an LS swap.... 2dr, 8" stretch, v8, either PR 60s or Currie 9s. It's going to be little by little until the government gives me my back pay.

221 - 240 of 278 Posts