JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see everyone painting thier wheels and I like it, just thought I would do something different with mine. Got some cans of touch up paint, taped off the openings, 320 grit to scuff the wheel and sprayed them body color. Not sure how tough it will be but I like the other than black wheel accent. Nex is to paint in the Jeep on the center caps then do the calipers in red for contrast.

Before

After

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
So I clicked into the thread to say something smart-assy like "what do you have against black".... or "that's racist" but I will refrain.

That looks good mang.

Nice work.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looks awesome! Great idea!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I really liked the way it turned out.
I like the black wheels but wanted something different and had not seen this done yet.
Next is paint the caliper maybe red for contrast and maybe go to tire shop to have weights moved to the inside to clean up the rim.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
So I clicked into the thread to say something smart-assy like "what do you have against black".... or "that's racist" but I will refrain.

That looks good mang.

Nice work.
Refrain? We don't refrain around here.

OP, youze a racist!!

I clicked and thought this was gonna be a pic of a sahara with a color matched top, bumpers and wheels, but that's one sweet lookin Rubi.
I dig the understated accent.

·
Registered
491 Posts
mine came from the factory with that same accent.... silver :laughing:

looks good :D

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Naturally, I love the color! I think if I have my weights replaced with tape weights I'm probably going to paint my Rubi wheels a dark bronze which would look good with the MTP color. Your efforts paid off, this looks clean and custom.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You should paint the wheel faces black....:grinpimp:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
That looks badass as shit man. That said, IMO I think red calipers are going to clash bad with that mango color or whatever it's called. But that's just my unsolicited opinion :D

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
That turned out really nice.:smokin: Great work. Did you clearcoat the whole thing afterward?

I've got the silver painted moabs on my Jeep and was just this morning thinking about the same thing with either Jeep Green color match or black. If/when I finally do it, I'll be sure to post pics here.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That turned out really nice.:smokin: Great work. Did you clearcoat the whole thing afterward?

I've got the silver painted moabs on my Jeep and was just this morning thinking about the same thing with either Jeep Green color match or black. If/when I finally do it, I'll be sure to post pics here.
Have not clearcoated yet but will do that this weekend, figure I'd give the color a few hot days to cure then clear coat. Also have to paint the "Jeep" in the center cap.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I wast expecting much from the thread title but you know, that looks great:beer:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well was bored today so I got some black paint and filled in the Jeep letters on the center cap and I painted a line around each cutout.
Also gave it a shot of clear to seal it as suggested.
Still have to decide on color for the calipers.
Not the neatest job I know but hey, I'm not a pinstriper and besides, can't see it from a plane right!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
ok so came into this thinking I was going to knock it, then saw the first set of pics and thought it looked great. Then you outlined in black....

but to each his own. :beer:

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you want to fix your black pinstriping, you can tape off a line on both sides of the black and repaint.. although you cleared it now so you might not get the results you're looking for.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I am rolling with black wheels...

But I am really surprised that no one else has painted it there wheels diffrent colors. Hum... I used to drive a subaru 2.5rs (and before that another wrangler... hush I don't want to hear it :thefinger:) But man, all those guys painted them and their sti wheels all colors. But then again...

Jeep + Pink rims = Really... really... g.. a...y... I mean feminine! ha.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts