JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Install thread for Black Box! Lets clean up that wiring!

UPDATE: Black box video info and Install videos!!!

Visit my Youtube Channel where I'll have up coming videos of in cab winch controls and more! -http://www.youtube.com/user/HyperwirePerformance?feature=watch

Black Box Jk Wrangler Install Part 1 - YouTube Install part 1

Black Box Jk Wrangler Install Part 1 - YouTube Install Part 2

JK Owners over view of Black Box - YouTube Product info for 2012'

2012's Install12' Wrangler Black Box Install - YouTube

I recently got to meet some great jeep guys over the past few weeks and months in regards to my "Black Box" I've got some great reviews on it on as well. I've had Andrew (blonderoach) on wranglerforum to stop by and installed "The Black Box" on his 08 JKU. Also today had Alex (Taxman) stop by as well with his yellow JKU! Here are the before and afters

Here is a custom kit that I've made for another member on the board. He has Cb, seat warmers (pass and driver), Compressor, LED lights, KC lights, Back Up Camera, Washer Pump.[/B]

Here is Alex's (Taxman) great looking Jeep.

Before

After!!

This is just a small portion of the wiring that I was able to eliminate

Andrew's Jeep was stock with nothing wired up before, I personal wired up everything for him.

Each "Black Box" comes wired to either work only with the key on OR to work anytime!!!
The Rugged Ridge Panel OR the Daystar panel can be used OR one can also use any switch mount set up they want! The box is THAT universal! Can wire up to 10 items, Max of 80 amps (that's 30 more over the competition!) I can also custom make any configuration as well!​

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics of the inside of the black box? Waterproof? Price?
Yes it is waterproof!

Picture of inside

Base Price - 220.00 which includes 5 relays, 5 fuses and extra main fuse and relay. Everything you need to install it. The end of the wires already come with a terminals and heat shrink! Just use the provided wire to conned it to your accessory (lights, cb, compressor, etc.) You will need switches (which I do sell as well). You can use Rugged Ridge Panel or the Daystar. You also don't have to use those panels or my switches, it can install any type of switch you want, anywhere you want!

If you need to use your OEM switches to turn on lights (fog light switch to turn on another pair of lights with your fog lights, my system can do this as well. I need to know during purchasing though!)

If you have more than 5 accessories to wire, PM me and I'll get you a price.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Thank you! If there is any questions you have please let me know!!:)
The Spod offers a optional low voltage cut off thingy that looks like it could work with another set up. Can you confirm this or do you have a similar option?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Spod offers a optional low voltage cut of thingy that looks like it could work with another set up. Can you confirm this or do you have a similar option?
Its in the works right now, however if you need to use OEM switches to turn on the accessories. My setup will do it.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
The black box is awesome! Sooooo much cleaner and simple. I wished this was around when I began installing lights and other electrical doo-dads years ago. Dustin cleaned everything up for me and wired everything up to the black box. I now have three more accessory slots that I can wire up in the future VERY easily. Also, Dustin won't tell you this, but he's a genius. An electrical wizard. Kudos to you for satisfying a need for JKers - an affordable and effective electrical distribution system for JKs. Great job!

·
Registered
133 Posts
For us dual battery guys, here is an alternate mounting location behind the glovebox. I already have an sPOD for my external accessories, so I installed my "black box" here for the internal accessories (none needed relays... yet).

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For us dual battery guys, here is an alternate mounting location behind the glovebox. I already have an sPOD for my external accessories, so I installed my "black box" here for the internal accessories (none needed relays... yet).

Thanks you for the tip. This is possible a place for the 2012 guys as well, dealership needs to hurry up and get my Dad's 2012 so I can start modifying it. No one in my family is going to drive a barbie Jeep! haha:beer:

·
Registered
84 Posts
After wiring up a locker and snagging a wire causing a short which caused the wire to melt....I need to clean up all my wiring. Here is a list of what I have planned. Some I already have and some I will be future additions. I'm looking for a simple clean setup.

LED Lighting
-Rigid 50in Light bar
-Windshield D2s
-Bumper light bar
-Back-up lights
-Side D2s
-Rock Lights

Accessories
-Air Compressor
-Front Locker
-Rear Locker
-Air Horn
-CB
-Empty (future use)

A friend pointed out "The Black Box" to me today. I've looked over the two threads and my question is....How do the accessories hook up to your system? Dumb question I guess but I need to protect my Jeep from myself.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After wiring up a locker and snagging a wire causing a short which caused the wire to melt....I need to clean up all my wiring. Here is a list of what I have planned. Some I already have and some I will be future additions. I'm looking for a simple clean setup.

LED Lighting
-Rigid 50in Light bar
-Windshield D2s
-Bumper light bar
-Back-up lights
-Side D2s
-Rock Lights

Accessories
-Air Compressor
-Front Locker
-Rear Locker
-Air Horn
-CB
-Empty (future use)

A friend pointed out "The Black Box" to me today. I've looked over the two threads and my question is....How do the accessories hook up to your system? Dumb question I guess but I need to protect my Jeep from myself.

Thanks for you interest! Having a short in the wiring can definitely put a damper on things and is very dangerous!

The way you wire up your accessories to The black box is to take the power wire and connect it to one of the output wires. Everything is clearly labeled. Just add ground and you're good to go.

What type of air compressor/lockers do you have. Please Pm the model of lights you have and other electric items. As this will be a Custom harness, I'll be able to get you a more accurate quote as well.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dual battery guys and 2012's I've made a bracket that put the box behind the glove box!! Pictures to come!

Props to 86CJ-07Rubi to helping me out with this adventure and coming up with the idea.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'm an electrical retard, but I'm assuming this would be a great solution for wiring up some windshield lights, a cb, and some more lights and a winch at a later time? Currently just running the windshield lights and cb, but wiring is a disaster. How easy is this to setup? Thanks! :beer:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Greg it's simple design and easy to install. Your winch goes directly to your battery! If you have any questions call me or pm me back!!

I'm now making in cab winching controls as well!! Pm me for details!!

Sent from my Black Box using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 64 Posts