JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the following email:

"Hi FzyPchz,
I wanted to let you know that several members on the forum have just notified me of a recent post you made regarding a heated seats write-up link you posted. Apparently, this link directed people to a cartoon of Calvin urinating on the text "JK-Forum.com" and I'll tell you, if this is your idea of a joke, I did not find it very funny and would appreciate it if you would refrain from this sort of conduct in the future. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Eddie"

Needless to say, I was :eek:, :confused: and :shocked:! Apparently, the owner of the link isn't a fan of Jk-forum. He or she had changed the site to the famous Calvin peeing on the jk-forum text. It was funny, yes, but that's besides the point...cause I don't have a reason to do it or even the balls to do it (well, maybe cause I don't have balls):laughing:...

anyways, my response to Eddie was as follows:

"Eddie, rest assured it was certainly not a joke on my part! At the time I posted the link, it was indeed the instructions provided by another individual on his own personal website (it was a pdf and I actually saved it on my computer). It was originally posted by "********" at *******.com. I personally don't know the individual, but I thought the instructions he uploaded would help others. I never thought or imagined that he or she would be so against this forum to purposefully change the link.

I have never nor would I ever post anything inappropriate in your forum. I know the rules and happily abide by them. I apologize for the trouble that link has caused."

Anyways, it just sucks cause now it gets harder and harder to post links w/o the fear of having "Calvin peeing on Jk-forum" suddenly appearing...I've learned my lesson though and will just refrain from posting any links at Jk-forum (not that I was posting many links to begin with), but I will happily just post them here instead cause I don't think there is a JKOwners.com sucks campaign floating around! Thank God!

G

·
0 Posts
Well, most adults take this sort of thing with a grain of salt. It's part of being out there in the public. Mr. Ed doesn't seem to be able to tolerate any criticism at all and tends to act in a way reminiscent of an adolescent.

It seems to be OK for him to disparage anyone that he disagrees with, but he seems unable to take any kind of reciprocal treatment.

Why anyone puts up with that kind of juvenile attitude is beyond me. There is no reason for you to apologize for anything. You did nothing wrong and doing so only reinforces his childish behavior.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Kind of reminds me of that thread about the guy selling some YJ headers and copying the links to a guys photo site, he changed the pictures to some ugly girl, and some really screwed up headers.

Ron

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm surprised he just didn't ban you. Usually thats his way of confronting an issue on his site.
Actually, me too! I have over 600 posts on his forum and I do contribute as much as I can in trying to assist other members. I've never really had any problems over there. I did later find out that the guy's website who I linked to the thread was actually another member that was banned from Jk-forum (not sure of the circumstances), so I can see why he would have switched out the website file to the now infamous Calvin image.

Anyways, this was Eddie's response to my response:

"Based on my previous experiences dealing with this individual and his apparent gloating over this recent stunt, it was difficult for me to imagine that you did not have an active part in it. However, I do appreciate the time you took to respond to me and your assurance that you meant no intentional malice toward me or my website.

Sincerely,
Eddie"

No hard feelings on my end, but it is unfortunate that he seems to think that everyone is out to get him. I'm a 37 year old mom with a 4 year old who lives in the burbs who just happens to enjoy Jeeps and forums about Jeeps...I have no reason to personally attack him or his website (or anyone else for that matter) and for him to assume that I was in on the stunt was just sad, that all...

Anyways, that's it, rant over...I feel better now....:D

G

·
0 Posts
The sad part of this is that Mr. Ed doesn't seem to get that the reason so many people dislike him is his own behavior. In my opinion, he simply brings it all upon himself because he acts like a total control freak that demands absolute obedience by anyone and everyone that happens to visit his little website. Anything less is viewed as being disloyal and worthy of immediate dismissal. Hmmmmm, I think he has a bright future in what's left of the Bush administration.

·
Registered
868 Posts
The sad part of this is that Mr. Ed doesn't seem to get that the reason so many people dislike him is his own behavior. In my opinion, he simply brings it all upon himself because he acts like a total control freak that demands absolute obedience by anyone and everyone that happens to visit his little website. Anything less is viewed as being disloyal and worthy of immediate dismissal. Hmmmmm, I think he has a bright future in what's left of the Bush administration.
Or as a member of Hilary's... :shaking:

Ron

·
Registered
592 Posts
This is too funny. Any one have a link to the Calvin pissing on JK-forum pic? I want to photo chop it to Calvin pissing on jkowners and make it my avitar or into some stickers. Reminds me of these stickers http://www.isgaystickers.com/

A

·
0 Posts
This is too funny. Any one have a link to the Calvin pissing on JK-forum pic? I want to photo chop it to Calvin pissing on jkowners and make it my avitar or into some stickers. Reminds me of these stickers http://www.isgaystickers.com/
I got a warning from Mr. Eddie to never mention who made my lift (you guys don't exist apparently) ;)

It’s just a matter of time before I get banned for merely installing a lift from a banned vendor. How f’ing sad is that!!

I’ll play nice for now because I have a bunch of stock stuff to sell and they do have a lot of members there :grinpimp::grinpimp:

·
Registered
46 Posts
JK Forum has got to be the worst jeep forum that I've ever come across. They don't let you link to anything that isn't from a preferred vendor. How dumb is that?

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
re: JK Natzi

Well, I can not post on the Jk-forum..I have been told by Eddie himself that if I post I will be banned. So, I have an active account..just never posted. That site with paying venders forms opinions about products that may not be true. His site has surprisingly grown and the JKboard.com has become very slow. I am happy to be here and like the censorship free atmosphere that represents the jkboard.com.

AMEN:thefinger:

Jason

·
Registered
749 Posts
Well, most adults take this sort of thing with a grain of salt.

There, end of discussion ,>> "gcg you identified the "Root Cause"....you'll get no where with that little Boy Power Freak over there. His problem>(Been no where, Done Nothing):shaking:

·
Registered
541 Posts
hahaha, I'm so ordering some of those. This will be fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts