JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a few years since we have had a Jeep, and we are getting the itch again. Going to unload a Tacoma Pre-Runner and get into an Unlimited. Daughter, plus dog, plus all the doodads that family life entails requires a bit more room. Such is life. In our quest to find a suitable unit, we have decided that newer is better, but it doesn't have to be pristine. And, an idea was born. Salvage jeep. Perfect! :D

So, I bid on a jeep at auction with a totally wrecked windshield, roof, fenders, windows... etc. You know, you average rollover. :laughing:
If I win the auction, which I expect to, I will be looking for a new windshield frame, and glass, among other things, but this is a good start. It's a 2010 JK, but they are all the same, as far as I can tell, other than color in the windshield department. Hoping to get a colormatched unit, but I can't complain much if the price is right. :)

I have been looking online, and I am having trouble locating one. Anyone have any ideas where to find another?

I tried to upload the pictures, but my FTP site is down. Bugger. Trust me when I say that rain has been getting in. I am hoping that the dash isn't screwed up.

My heart won't be broken if I don't win this auction. There are plenty of salvage jeeps out there. :beer:

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's been a few years since we have had a Jeep, and we are getting the itch again. Going to unload a Tacoma Pre-Runner and get into an Unlimited. Daughter, plus dog, plus all the doodads that family life entails requires a bit more room. Such is life. In our quest to find a suitable unit, we have decided that newer is better, but it doesn't have to be pristine. And, an idea was born. Salvage jeep. Perfect! :D

So, I bid on a jeep at auction with a totally wrecked windshield, roof, fenders, windows... etc. You know, you average rollover. :laughing:
If I win the auction, which I expect to, I will be looking for a new windshield frame, and glass, among other things, but this is a good start. It's a 2010 JK, but they are all the same, as far as I can tell, other than color in the windshield department. Hoping to get a colormatched unit, but I can't complain much if the price is right. :)

I have been looking online, and I am having trouble locating one. Anyone have any ideas where to find another?
I tried to upload the pictures, but my FTP site is down. Bugger. Trust me when I say that rain has been getting in. I am hoping that the dash isn't screwed up.

My heart won't be broken if I don't win this auction. There are plenty of salvage jeeps out there. :beer:
Check out WWW.daveysjeeps.com. im not sure where you are located but he is in Salem Ohio all kinds a goodies. From parts to rebuildables to some pretty interesting stuff under the parts specials. There is a full burned out 07 unlimited that keeps catching my eye. His prices seem to be pretty decent also. Good luck with whatever you end up doing

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Hve you checked salvage yeards? The JK has been out long enough that there should be lots of them wrecked and getting parted out by now.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Check out WWW.daveysjeeps.com. im not sure where you are located but he is in Salem Ohio he has all kinds of goodies. From parts to rebuildables to some pretty interesting stuff under the parts specials heading. There is a full burned out 07 unlimited that keeps catching my eye. His prices seem to be pretty decent also. Good luck with whatever you end up doing

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
the problem with davesjeeps is that they don't ship....you have to go there and pick it up...I tried that with a jk tailgate...

I'm still looking.lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ran into the same problem fixing my jeep. Them damn Windshield frames are pricey! Very hard to come by in salvage yards, and none wanted to ship them. Some even had a frame/glass together but wouldn't ship even when I offered extra $$.

One thing you might try is make friends with someone at a body shop... Might be possible to locate one from an LKQ salvage yard, which will usually ship parts between yards. Also I think Chrysler is still Price Matching parts, so someone at a body shop might be able to atleast get you an OEM windshield frame for the price of a used one.

Have you tried car-part.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts