JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to a local county park in Walkersville today to check out the Monocacy river... We errr..... Were just checking out the scenery :thefinger:

Found this YJ frame just laying in the river... Wonder what the story behind that is... A few guys that live close by said they were going to try and come pull it to clean the area up...

I think this is an old chevy but not real sure... I cant believe how some people just leave shit like that on the trail...

Buddies TJ... That drop is straight down! Pretty fun to do... A little pucker factor.

Our new addition to the family conked out...

Had a pretty good time... Nobody broke anything and we were out by dark which is the law and we also cleaned the trail up some so all in all it was a good day!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I could be misinformed, but as far as i knew Legore bridge was illegal/ off limits? I went once waaaay back in the day but im pretty sure now its not a place to go.

If im wrong feel free to correct me.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I could be misinformed, but as far as i knew Legore bridge was illegal/ off limits? I went once waaaay back in the day but im pretty sure now its not a place to go.

If im wrong feel free to correct me.
Cliff notes: Its legal per the cop but not at night. As long as you stick to the trails leading to the river and abide by normal park laws in a licensed/insured vehicle.
From what the cops told me last time I went out there (starting off good right :thefinger: )

Well... Ill just tell you the story.

A few friends and I were going to do some night wheeling out there one evening. I had been going for probably about six months so I was kinda new to it but I knew the trails pretty decent.

When we got to legore bridge there was a plow truck sitting at the top of the hill. We thought no big deal right? Its snowing so plow trucks were all over the place. When we got to the bottom of the trail at the entrance we saw a car parked under the bridge. Looking pretty suspicious we figured someone was down there getting a taste of the sideways clam or something. Once again, not really out of the ordinary. People also fish under the bridge pretty often so we didnt really think much of it.

We were still waiting on one guy to get there so we waited at the entrance bullshitting.

Next thing we know we see our buddy passing the entrance at the bridge being followed by a cop... Cop turns lights on and pulls him over and we are thinking "WTF has Jon done to get pulled over?"

Cops leaves Jon at the top of the hill and starts heading down towards us on foot. I decided to meet him half way. He stops me dead in my tracks with his mag light in my face and say "What do you think you're doing down here?!". I said "You dont have to put the light in my face sir, Im not armed nor do I wish to cause any trouble." That calmed his tone a bit but he kept the light in my face. He said that the plow truck reported some guys down there throwing garbage and he asked if it was us. There were three lifted Jeeps and one lifted chevrolet sitting about 10 feet behind me and the damn car had left about 10 mins before he got there.

I tell him "No sir, we would never dump trash down here. We come down here and ride down to the beach at the end of the trail at least once a month and camp and would hate to get the place shut down."

He then states "Im sorry sir, but the plow truck reported garbage dumping and thats why Im down here. You are not allowed to be here at night but during the day it is a park and thats fine for you to come down, just not at night."

He then makes us pull up onto the road so he doesnt have to wade through the mud to check our tags and such. He proceeds to take our licenses down and check everyone out. We all came out clean and he left us with this.

"There are no legal offroad trails in MD for ORV's anymore. But this is a park and you are allowed to be here in a licensed/insured vehicle. I cannot tell you that you cant be down here or that you cant drive down to the river. If you happen to get stuck, dont come crying to me or the tow guys that you need to be pulled out or that you're stuck out here and need assistance because I am going to laugh in your face, I've given you a warning. If you decide to take a tougher path to get to the river there is nothing I can do about it and to be honest, had I not been called out here for the trash dumping, I would have not even stopped had I seen you down here. But it is illegal to be here at night, so you're better off not coming down at night. Be safe on you're way home and if I see you stuck in a ditch somewhere on the way back.... Well, I sure hope ya'll can get each other out."

That to me says that its legal to be down there doing what we were doing. We dont blaze trails or destroy the land, we just wheel the trails that go back to the river in licensed/insured vehicles and we usually clean up the trail as we go along. We dont drink and drive and we dont leave trash. We do camp down there and from what he said, that is illegal. But I dont think he would care as long as we are being responsible and there is no underage drinking going on.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oops, my iThing didn't load it all the first time. Sounds like trails Rd in Delta Pa. How much property is there or what is the trail length?
Not as much as trails road. Its a fun local trail and its got some hard holes and a really good hill climb. Its a good way to spend the day, but I wouldnt travel to wheel there or anything.

·
Registered
635 Posts
any way to grab those rock rails off that yj and those seats? and bring them to the Freak Fest? lol i need some rock rails and better seats...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.