JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, twice, I turned the left turn signal on and the wipers went through one sweep.

WTF???

I did not touch the wiper switch, it was a beautiful, clear day.

Thoughts?

How do I fix it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Stop signaling? :D
Pull the battery wires for about an hour to reset the computer.
If it still happens, check the wipers' switch. It may be faulty.
If the above don't work, pull the wipers. After all, you don't need them on such a beautiful, clear day :D

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
So what became of this? I have a friend with this issue now?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Mine dim when right signal but only if dimmer is at highest setting-i just lower the dimmer one notch down now but it is weird.

Is this thing on?
It doesn't seem to matter what the dimmer setting is for me, sometimes the gauge cluster will randomly go bright and dim or just straight up blink while driving down the road. Kind of annoying especially when it gets stuck on full bright or my interior light goes on by itself. I wonder if just replacing that whole left directional stem would fix it.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Since everyone is comparing here..my dimmer doesn't work and twice now I've lost all functions: turn signal, headlights, wipers...however both times this happened the headlights came on when I started the Jeep as some sort of default safety. I had no control over turning them off. Both times disconnecting the battery for a second restored all the functions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
once in a blue moon my wipers will swipe once and only once. It has happened after using the left turn signal, then a few minutes later not related to anything else.

Thoughts on the cause? I figure its not worth taking to the dealer because it'll never happen in front of their mechanic.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Happens to me too, randomly. Can't force replicate the issue so I'm not even going to waste my time taking it to the dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts