JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
They don't look too bad
Meh, bacon. Go for it if it makes you happy.

I wouldn't do it for free, but for $190-$200? . . . still no.

Looks like you get an empty shell and have to use all the hardware from your stock mirrors:

Five bucks says this is an effective water ingress point:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah, no. I wouldn't run them.

I'd pony up the cash for Muth Signal Mirrors before I did that.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm pretty impressed with the abuse my factory power mirrors have taken. I was a little worried when I bought the Jeep but so far so good.

I did just install some amber KC Cyclones for turn signals. Holy shit they are bright! They light up the whole lane next to me. Might be possible to mount them on the mirrors if you are into that kind of thing.

This pic is with bright lights on in the garage...

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
I'd pony up the cash for Muth Signal Mirrors before I did that.
Those are nice :bounce: but I'd be afraid of breaking one and being out 90 bucks.

For under 7 bucks a mirror, I could see my cheap ass popping these in the outside wall of the plastic housing:
EDIT: I could see me doing that ^^^ if I wanted turn signals in my mirrors . . . I don't see me doing shit. :laughing:
http://www.amazon.com/Maxxima-M09300Y-Combination-Clearance-Marker/dp/B002NS8Z2C/

They're pretty bright. I have 'em as the front turn signals on my DR650 "wanna-be dirt bike":

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
Do they come in checkerplate chrome?
I don't think so, but there's a $420 version :eek: :cwm13: :nono: in case the $190 set doesn't quite make your balls tingle:

Attachments

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
I didn't say I'd run them, but the look is different.
:idea: Are we still talking about the SEMA-blingety mirrors, or Bruce TRANS-Gender's bolt-on hooters? :dunno:

Either way, I agree with your quoted statement. :D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I have already broken a couple of stockers off in the woods. Even if I hadn't, no thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts