JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted a couple pics in another thread but figured Id put a few during the process, its not really a "how to" but its how I did it...

I started with a template and took it to a fab shop with a bender and they bent a couple 3/16 steel plates and got it close

I cut the corners to the flare and cut the holes into the corner and then marked the body and cut them out

Then the body has a small upand down contour to it but a small dead blow hammer fixed that...

Mocked it up and put some bolts to make sure that it was a good fit

I painted, wired them up and siliconed and installed them.

Im waiting for the silicone to set to trim and clean up, also I think I found a cure for the fast flasher- just waiting the UPS guy...Ill let you all know if it does. If anyone has a fix for it, I would be greatful... thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
Looks real nice. I'm not that handy so I'm still waiting (impatiently) for someone to make these.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I like it!

That has a nice retro look to it, Yet modern!

The only thing that looks odd is the way the lights seat into the rubber O-ring. It looks like it isnt flush due to the lights being on a rounded surface.

I wish i had the patience to do such a thing, But i am like the last guy... I will wait for someone to bring these to market for us non creative types!:laughing:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only thing that looks odd is the way the lights seat into the rubber O-ring. It looks like it isnt flush due to the lights being on a rounded surface.
They do stick out a little, but they wont come out, I had to pry them out with a screwdriver for them to come loose.

I think if I did them again I would use the rectangle LEDs, run two up and down, that would hug the corner better, but thats all hindsight.
Thats what I get for doing it myself, but its all good, not another one like it (for now)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts