JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 jeep wrangler JK. I just put on LED tail lights. I have the hyper flash issue. Are the inline resisters my only fix or are there other options?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yeah, just throw a set of resisters right before each tail light and that will definitely fix your issue.

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts
the resistors will work for a while but eventually even these will give-up the ghost & allow the return of the fast flash...it’s the stupid,[email protected] jk wiring design where each taillight is on a separate circuit ( left and right ) for whatever reason ....the other alt I have seen to resistors is the box solution that just ensnare your OEM analog bulbs in a tiny steel cube within your rear corner so the ecu doesn’t think your low amperage led is a dead bulb but that seems like such a heat or fire hazard to me..if not , it’s more weight ...

search this site for “led taillight flash” as this is crazily well documented

:jeep2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the resistors will work for a while but eventually even these will give-up the ghost & allow the return of the fast flash...it’s the stupid,[email protected] jk wiring design where each taillight is on a separate circuit ( left and right ) for whatever reason ....the other alt I have seen to resistors is the box solution that just ensnare your OEM analog bulbs in a tiny steel cube within your rear corner so the ecu doesn’t think your low amperage led is a dead bulb but that seems like such a heat or fire hazard to me..if not , it’s more weight ...

search this site for “led taillight flash” as this is crazily well documented

:jeep2:
Thank you

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts