JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out these corners.....definately the best so far....leds are a must...
(pic borrowed from pirate ejs pics)

·
Registered
32 Posts
From here, looks like it could possibly be a one-off. That LED unit appears to be a pretty widespread part (trucks, trailers, buses, etc...)

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm thinking that developing something similar to this is going to be a project I need to add to the requests I have in to the Warrior prototype list...

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
hey JR,

Would it be possible to make a set of corners that you guys already sell but witha couple of changes:

• No license plate holes
  • A large hole for an led brake light (like above)
  • a hole below that for a led reverse light

I am picturing the old style THOR quarter gaurds for the XJ. I think the only problem may be fitting both lights into the (empty) stock tailight cutout

·
Registered
541 Posts
hey JR,

Would it be possible to make a set of corners that you guys already sell but witha couple of changes:

• No license plate holes
  • A large hole for an led brake light (like above)
  • a hole below that for a led reverse light

I am picturing the old style THOR quarter gaurds for the XJ. I think the only problem may be fitting both lights into the (empty) stock tailight cutout
Well, that's kind of what I was thinking about doing, however you can't just take a current set and just remove the cutouts, you'd never get them installed. With the JK curving both vertically and laterally, it makes it very hard to fit corners, unless you have a super nice stamped piece like an AEV corner. I'm surprised they're not offering those without holes.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I talked to the warrior rep at tierra del sol and he said they have no intention of making them withouot the cutouts. He said it was too hard to bend without them.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I talked to the warrior rep at tierra del sol and he said they have no intention of making them withouot the cutouts. He said it was too hard to bend without them.
Yeah that guy is clueless, he never knows what he's talking about. :grinpimp:

If you look close, you can see that they didnt do the top bend. The corner stops at it, it doesnt have both bends.
I was referring not to the top body line/bend but the curve in the body that starts from the very bottom and curves all the way up to that. The side of the Jeep is not flat...anywhere.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I also got that impression.
Hey! Only I'm allowed to make fun of myself. :thefinger: haha

Seriously though, when I talked to you at Tierra Del Sol, the last I had talked to the bosses and the last thought in my head is that they'd just be too complicated to deal with.

After EJS and Impact and spending some time staring at the ass end of the JK, I've got some ideas in my head, so that outlook on things may change, we'll see.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Let me pull my foot out of my mouth!!!!

I definately would like to see something. The JK tail lights are asking to get crunched.

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
I do not think you would need more then two lights. One red for tail/brake/turn and one for reverse lights. I would prefer one of two options:

I think what would look best is a single 4" on top and a slightly smaller ~3" lite directly below but just offset to the outside (or maybe inside)

However, a larger reverse may be more desirable performance wise so the other option I would like to see would be two 4" lights, one right above the other

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
Attached is kinda what I was thinkin

don't diss the mad Paint brush @ work style!

Messin with it I think if the lower light looks better slightly inboard from the one above. Still not sure if I like two lights the same size or a slightly smaller reverse light (lower light)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.