JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm looking for LED Rock Lights to install on my rig, and run off of my sPOD.

I've done searches on the board, but haven't come up with much. What has everyone had luck with or like, and where have you installed them with good luck?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts here...

RC :beer:

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I've got the Tantrums, I think they work great.

Sorry about the bad pic is was a camera/phone

·
Administrator
8,731 Posts
I have a set sitting in the box in my garage waiting to be installed...

I have a question for VisionX... is there a way I can bypass all the disco features these things have.. I just want to wire them strictly on/off to my sPod. I wanted to ask before I start cutting the cords..lol

Basically doing away with the blue master control box..

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wow! That was fast, Thanks for the White Tantrum kit order. Shipping charges were refunded, all orders over $100 get free shipping!:smokin:
Are they here yet:bounce: JK cant wait to install them

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a question for VisionX... is there a way I can bypass all the disco features these things have.. I just want to wire them strictly on/off to my sPod. I wanted to ask before I start cutting the cords..lol

Basically doing away with the blue master control box.
And how tough is the direct wiring to the battery to rid the cig plug?

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
here is mine. i have extremely little shadow under my jeep. i have 10 1x1" SMD led pods under mine

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I still have a set of 4 now (originally 6) blue single diode LEDs that I had mounted on my TJ. I picked them up from Bright Eyes back in '06 @ EJS. When I get home, I'll pull one out and snap a pic of it for ya. They were bright as hell too even for being blue. I haven't decided if they are going on the JK yet or not.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a set sitting in the box in my garage waiting to be installed...

Basically doing away with the blue master control box..
Yes, you can do away with the controller.
Cut off the plug ends of all the LED pods, and connect them all together, solder, etc.. Then wire them up just like any electrical accessory to a switch and power/ground. The total of 8 lights draws about 3-watts, so it should be pretty simple to do.
Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yes, you can do away with the controller.
Cut off the plug ends of all the LED pods, and connect them all together, solder, etc.. Then wire them up just like any electrical accessory to a switch and power/ground. The total of 8 lights draws about 3-watts, so it should be pretty simple to do.
Thanks
Anyone have a electro schematic on how to wire this to a switch? (fuse rating/ relays etc.)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
im going to be installing the tantrum lights from vision x and wiring it up to my 12voltguy panel, you should be abel to wire it to the spod no problem

they will be linked to my LED light writeup in my signature

·
Registered
262 Posts
tantrums rock!

I spent hours and hours figuring the best spot that was both out of the way of the rocks and produced the best light for driver and spotter. The toughest ones were the front with the shorty bumper. I'm happy with the result. Wired them directly to the sPOD. Ditched the fancy disco effects. Wires run through the frame rails.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
i have the tantrum kit, but i did a few things differently with mine.

first i only used 6 of the 8 pods...will explain.

I bypassed the remote and all of the funny business that comes with the kit and installed another lead in the splitter box. Reason being that i have the FLW rear bumper with the rock lights and used the other lead to power those lights. this unified the 6 tantrum pods (two along the sliders, one under the front fender) and i will then splice the front lights of on FLW front bumper in.

i have two extra pods that i still dont know what i will do with, but i have night wheeled iwth these things and they are awesome!!!!

tantrum all the way

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
i have the tantrum kit, but i did a few things differently with mine.

first i only used 6 of the 8 pods...will explain.

I bypassed the remote and all of the funny business that comes with the kit and installed another lead in the splitter box. Reason being that i have the FLW rear bumper with the rock lights and used the other lead to power those lights. this unified the 6 tantrum pods (two along the sliders, one under the front fender) and i will then splice the front lights of on FLW front bumper in.

i have two extra pods that i still dont know what i will do with, but i have night wheeled iwth these things and they are awesome!!!!

tantrum all the way
Use the two for under hood lights!

·
Registered
430 Posts
or use em as reverse lights

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i dont remember the company name but i think Hit has the same set-up i have. 2 lights at each wheel well. VisionX??

you can get the basic kit. just lights and switch or get the optional remote. they blink in different patterns and will lilght up when the BASS hits. also in 7 different colors

here is a pic of mine on at night from the Big Bend trip with TexKev and RubiCajun

image will show later when i get the right link

in the meantime... VisionX is a vendor on Pirate4x4

Check these out
YouTube - 4runner Rock Lights (Vision X Tantrum)
This is a VisionX LED Tantrum Rock Light kit. It comes with 8-LED pods that have 15-mini LED's each that are water proof and the controller to do all the fancy stuff (if you like that sort of thing) they can be hard wired into an on/off switch if you want.
See link here http://www.visionxstore.com/index.php?cPath=7&osCsid=udo62glgiodlhkdgeg6fvtdkp5[/URL]
Remember your "piratex" coupon, and get these for 10% off and free shipping to the Lower 48 states.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts