JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to the ORE rear EVO armor I had to use round LED tail/brake lights.

Now the flasher flashes real fast and it is throwing body codes that says something like "Rear right voltage high".

I am thinking that since the LED uses less voltage than the factory bulbs, the puter must think I have a blown bulb.?.

Anyone experience this?

Add a resistor? How many ohms?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I had the same problem when i installed my Front Led markers. I got a LED Bulb Load Resistor 6 Ohm / 50 Watt from gorecon.com . Im pretty sure you can find them somewhere else cheaper. They work great. You need one per side. Im pretty sure you knew that anyways. :smokin:

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same problem when i installed my Front Led markers. I got a LED Bulb Load Resistor 6 Ohm / 50 Watt from gorecon.com . Im pretty sure you can find them somewhere else cheaper. They work great. You need one per side. Im pretty sure you knew that anyways. :smokin:
Perfect! Thank You!

I was pretty sure I need a load resistor.. just didn't know how much of a load and where to get it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
They get really ,really hot. I found that the hard way.:shaking: I just let my blinkers on for a very long time and my hand came in contact with one of them.

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They get really ,really hot. I found that the hard way.:shaking: I just let my blinkers on for a very long time and my hand came in contact with one of them.
Hmmmmmmm........

They do have pretty big heat sinks on them.. Where did you mount yours?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
They are behind the grill. But i was running my blinkers for about two hours, the heat sinks work fine. I just saw one of them hanging down and decided to tuck it in and i hold it for too long. Its not too bad, its about average heat for a load resistor. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I replaced my tail lights in my box truck with leds' I had the dealer replace the flasher with the proper one and that took care of it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
You need an electronic flash module. They sell them at any parts store for around $12.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Drive around here, nobody does. :shaking: When I used to teach electronics, kids were always figuring how to blow those LED's up by overloading them.
LOL... When I posted that, my first thought was I should have put "flasher modules" or something, since all I could picture reading my own post was the idiots driving around with their hazards on.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
you should be able to get a load resistor at your local RadioShack

1 - 14 of 14 Posts