JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at installing some LED lights in the rear of the sound bar for the kids, so they can see/read at tnight with out me having to drive with the dome light on. I have found a cheap set up on superbrightleds.com that includes the LED , resistor attached and a foot of wire already soldered together. Im thinking of just tapping into the wires that supply power to the dome light and adding a switch for the two leds so that i can have an led for each side that would work independent of the dome light. Is this ok or do i need to run all new wires from the fuse box? Any help , suggestions or previous write ups would be a great help.
Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I see you have on 08 Unlimited.. The back light over the rear seat is a switch light.. The kids can push on it to make it come on and go off... That is what my daughter does.. :smokin:

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Get you a few of these

I actually got a couple of these for my son so he can read in the back. I put one on the door and one up top. They were like $8.00 for both at Home Depot and they work great. He usually only uses the one on the door cuz he can reach it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually got a couple of these for my son so he can read in the back. I put one on the door and one up top. They were like $8.00 for both at Home Depot and they work great. He usually only uses the one on the door cuz he can reach it.
I have thought about those, But Im trying to find something that I can swithch on and off from the front seat. also my 2 year old wouldnt be able to reach it, and i wouldnt be able to reach it if i put it some where where she can

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
I know when my daughter was smaller we had a car seat that had leds in the headrest and worked good as well :D

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Thats exactly what we had to. I actually miss that seat, it was cool.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I have thought about those, But Im trying to find something that I can swithch on and off from the front seat. also my 2 year old wouldnt be able to reach it, and i wouldnt be able to reach it if i put it some where where she can
Yeah they are kind of a pain when it comes to that but, we would just turn them on before we left and keep them on if there was just one of us in the Jeep with him. If we were both in there whoever could just climb over and turn it on and off. I hear ya though it would be a lot better if you can turn them off from the front. You just have to think though before you know it she will be able to turn it on and off by herself...It goes really fast...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts