JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debating if i want to go JW speaker Headlights and Fog lights or Keep stock headlights and get a 50 inch bar a 20 inch bar and 4 square LED Spot/Flood lights, was wondering what others did.

I do not want to do both its just to much cash to do both at this point,i priced it out and everything regardless of which way i got is about 200$ difference in price - i was leaning more towards the bars and square for the main reason i get more lights and more fun with same money, but then i look at the con part of how many times will i actually use them, where as the headlights ill be using every day.

So..... What did u guys do and if you have pictures of your JK with some of the LED bars and sauces please post pictures i would love to see them!!

-Side question anyone in NJ know of any laws where i can't use say my 20inch bar as a normal headlight only on the road (would be attached to bumper, so it would be in same place as my headlights give or take a few inches lower)

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Get the headlights you will use them more and get your money out of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
I just put JW speaker headlights and fog lights in 2 days ago. I debated same as you, upgrade auxiliary lighting first vs headlights first. Now I'm really glad I went this way.

One thing to consider is that with the new headlights and fog lights you will have a safer day to day rig and also wil actually reduce the need to upgrade auxiliary lighting. The fogs and low beams are bright enough that I can't outrun them at 70mph. I can get about 4 seconds until I'm on top of something, which used to be 2-3 seconds with factory lights same conditions. I haven't even needed the high beams yet but I bet they will be all I'll need for normal trails.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Both! I'm running the JW Speakers and love em, but that light bar definitely helps in low visibility situations.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I just installed some JW Speaker J and love the output of the lights. I have the Rigid Industry fogs. I'm please with the light output of those.

Here's a video of the install and lights

https://youtu.be/2iKdYjfhB9I

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went with the JW Speaker headlights and fog lights. Makes a big difference over stock!

File Dec 08, 4 58 47 PM.jpg

·
Vendor
2,503 Posts
If you get good enough headlights you won't need a led light bar. I put these on the jeep just before Christmas and I won't need my led light bar with these on.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts