JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, somehow with my fat fingers I deleted my original post. Re-cap. I was given some VisiinX Vortex LED headlights for my 2015 JKU Rubicon. I did not get the VisionX anti-flicker modules, so I picked some up at a local shop. Both light work flawless on dim (with the halo), but the passenger side light flickers like crazy, and the flicker module buzzes like crazy. I thought it was the module, so I took the pair back, and got a new set. Ended up with the same issue. Thought it might be the headlight, so I swapped them, same issue. Swapped flicker modules, same issue. The drivers side works perfect on high and low, the passenger side works fine in low beam only. Without the Jeep running, the passenger side works fine on low and high. Really not sure what’s going on. Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues? Or if any additional load resistor May be needed, as there have been no issues with the stock lights, or the IPF and H4 lights that’s that I had previously installed.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I have stayed away from LED headlights for this reason.

I can't tell you why one works fine, and the other doesn't.

However, I can tell you why they both work fine when the Jeep is off.
With the jeep off, the headlights get pure 12vdc. Running, they get pwm voltage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I understand the lack of PWM either Jeep off, it was purely a troubleshooting technique. And maybe it’s a good thing I didn’t pay anything for them, just cost me $45 for the anti-flicker modules.

·
Registered
587 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts