JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are a new item from Warrior Products.

Prices as low as $95.99 (depends on options chosen)

http://www.rjroffroad.com/warrior-r...9-jk-wrangler-offroad-c-559-p-1-pr-18037.html

These new corners are made flat like a TJ corner and have a welded in top cap to fill the gap. This allows a larger flat space to integrate LED's.

The pre-stamped LED corners have a 4.5" round and 2.25" round hole to fit a grommet mounted 4" and 2" light. Non cutout corners will have the hinge and gastank cutouts only.

Available options include: polished diamond plate, black diamond plate, smooth black steel, with and without led cutouts, and with or without LED light kit.

The Warrior LED light kit includes:
(2) Four Inch Stop/Turn/Tail Lights
(2) Four Inch Grommets
(2) Four Inch Light Pigtails
(2) Two Inch Reverse Lights (9 LED)
(2) Two Inch Grommets
(2) Two Inch Light Pigtails

The LED's sold by Warrior carry a lifetime warranty against manufacturers defects.

Get your order in today!

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
wow, great price. I think I will be ordering a set shortly.

Do you have any pics that show the top and bottom??

Looks like it says there is a welded cap on the top, I am curious to see this and how far it sticks out on bottom.

Thanks!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What you see is what I've got for pictures. The corner wraps like a TJ, so from the bottom side, there will be a slight gap.

The top cap follows the body contour and leaves a 1/16" gap along it so that it is not rubbing against the metal. A piece of rubber trimming would finish that spot off nicely.

·
Registered
665 Posts
just wondering, why doesnt it follow the lines of the JK..ie the bend?? If im reading you correct, there is a space between the metal and the body of the jk, Wouldnt this make it weak?
I can answer that.

The JK body lines are quite a bit more complicated than the Wranglers of old. They curve on the sides vertically and laterally, and the back curves as well in both directions. Aside from a very complicated rolling process or a stamped corner, there is no simple way to 100% match the corner to the Jeep.

AEV was able to build a corner to match perfectly. However AEV has much more advanced equipment to do stamped parts, and a price to reflect the more complicated/expensive process (WP @ $100ish vs. AEV @ $300).

Secondly, if we were to match the curve, we would not have sufficient flat surface to mount our flush LED light systems.

This corner plating does not weaken anything, it attaches at several points and the bend in it adds significant strength to the rear corners versus the thin factory sheetmetal.

Additionally, we feel that this method of corner versus or standard corners, which are tight fit to the body, add a more classic YJ/TJ look to the tub. I would personally prefer the steel.

·
Registered
665 Posts
do you have to cut the body panels in order to fit the lights in? I agree about the classic look? It makes the rear end look more beefy.
Yes you do. About a half circle for the big tail, and the full circle for the little reverse light.

Best way to do it is drill holes around the perimeter of the hole, then jigsaw the shape out. Sand with a die grinder tool to smooth it out. Make sure it is slightly larger than the hole in the corner. Then, tape off and primer those areas. Then install the corners.

If you're totally against cutting the body (you've got to drill holes to install the corner anyways) you can get the no hole version and run lite-dot LED's. They require much less in terms of hole cutting. But I've gotten mixed reviews on lite-dot quality.

G

·
I like these.

Do you have a pic of these in "smoth black steel"?
Are you selling those tube fenders in the pics? (I don't see them on your site).

·
Registered
665 Posts
I like these.

Do you have a pic of these in "smoth black steel"?
Are you selling those tube fenders in the pics? (I don't see them on your site).
Only the TJ version has been photographed in steel

The tube fenders in the pictures at this point in time are very very much prototype only. We've got them on hold pending the purchase of a very much more capable and expensive tubing bender. :D

G

·
The tube fenders in the pictures at this point in time are very very much prototype only. We've got them on hold pending the purchase of a very much more capable and expensive tubing bender. :D
Any chance I can purchase some prototypes and write very cool things about them on the internet? :grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp::beer::grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Only the TJ version has been photographed in steel

Jason,

Can take a shot looking down on the JK corner? I want to see the top portion, nearest the body panel - I'm curious about re-positioning my CB there. :smokin: And the rear tube fenders look nice...

·
Registered
665 Posts
Jason,

Can take a shot looking down on the JK corner? I want to see the top portion, nearest the body panel - I'm curious about re-positioning my CB there. :smokin: And the rear tube fenders look nice...
I do have my camera in the shop today, though the Jeep is very dirty.

The CB Antennas fit there pretty well, but on the aluminum I definitely recommend NOT mounting them there. As you can see we tested that idea on ours. Even in the wind during highway travel they bend a bit. It's just not strong enough to support the leverage of a 3' or longer antenna.

Now the steel corners might be another story

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just ordered the smooth steel ones, I'll post pics when I get them on. Does the kit come with a license plate bracket?

Just realized I forgot to put the coupon code in on the Jason's site. :confused:
It doesn't come with a license plate bracket, but that is in the works.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.