JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas and Ladies,

I love LED lightbars and PODs and have a collection both on and off my JK.. However you guys need to stop using these things in normal traffic. You look like an A hole and they are quite blinding. I've seen quite a few JKs and a few FJs along with pickups with them on while normal driving in traffic on major roadways. I know the JK headlights suck, but all you are doing is blinding people, giving us all a worse reputation than we already have.. Not to mention you are making the cops wiser to them and now the Park Police are pulling people over in the woods of all places and handing warnings and tickets out for their use(and non use,,Yes they are). So lets stop being douchy and save these lights for back roads and the way out there areas...:wink2:

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
I want to design a light that has a light sensor and a servo that senses a dickhead with his brights on and automatically either strobes him in the face or hits him with the full force of a LED pod.
Only one time so far when driving the jeep at night have I had to hit the 50" bar on someone after they wouldn't turn off their high beams.

For the OP let them get the ticket. Yeah it sucks because the jeeps that do this give us all a black eye. But I bet most of the jeeps driving around with all their light bars on never get out of the mall.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I agree with the OP on the grounds that in PA if you have any non DOT/Off-Road lighting it must be covered 100% of the time the vehicle is on public roads. As of this moment, the PA State and local police have not been aggressive at ticketing LED bars that are turned off. But I also see the LED bars on truck bumpers/push bars that are being used on the roads. This absolutely will have the effect of the police becoming more and more interested in enforcing the law regarding non DOT lights being covered.

The ass hats will make it so that I have buy or make robust covers for my 24" LED bar that I don't use on the roads unless I'm in the mountains of north/central PA where there is little traffic and infrequent street lights. (Read that as on the way south from I-80 to get to Rausch Creek)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've seen a ton of people non jeep people too with light bars, they're so affordable now that anyone can buy them. There is only twice where I had an issue. This guy was running his around dusk around town in his bro-diesel pickup. Another guy runs his on the windy backroads I travel on, but hes normally good at turning it off when he sees other vehicles.

I've been tempted to get one for all the A-holes who leave their highbeams on. But I decided its better that I don't.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
seen plenty of jeeps jk/ tj with light bars large and small... never had an issue nor even noticed eve/ after hours any of those rigs using them unlawfully in traffic or in an idiotic way but JUDAS... the bro-trucks are like an inbred drunken parade of lights all over the place. Texas here... so maybe not relevant but just sharing my experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts