JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, at MichaelW's encouragement, I decided to do a write-up (just a cosmetic one).

This afternoon, I decided to 'pretty' up my front passenger grab handle today w/ a little bit of leather and paint.

First, I slid of the little side covers on the grab handlesand painted 'em silver (to match my air vents):

Then, I recycled a black Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover I had by cutting a piece of it to about 10.5" long (allowing .5" to be folded on each end for a cleaner look):

Then, I proceeded to lace it to my grab handle:

And the result was a prettier and more refined looking grab handle :D:

I know, it's pretty :rainbow2:, but that's me! :D hahaha.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I like this one too!

Add a tad of foam padding to it and maybe Debbie's white knuckles won't hurt her so bad.

:beer:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gay or not that's a pretty damn cool idea!
I might have to do that (and the door handles too)
Thanks Grant211! I was also thinking about putting leather on the door handles and parking brake as well, but would have to reorient the leather pieces and poke new holes on them...I got tired just thinking about it! I'll see once I get motivated again :D

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
Cool idea guys. A cool option is a place like Tandy Leather(the have a web site) where you can get leather of various colors, thicknesses,etc. They have scraps on the cheap as well, since you only need small pieces.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe you should have done it in pink leather ;) :D :D :D
LOL! Good one PhilD! Sadly, pink (especially in leather) is probably my least favorite color.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I can see that looking really cool in a Camo vinyl print... great idea and thanks for sharing! :beer:

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
that looks good, my dad does leather work, ill have to ask if he would make me some. i cant sew at all, even in a basic pattern like that, i might as well duct tape on.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that looks good, my dad does leather work, ill have to ask if he would make me some. i cant sew at all, even in a basic pattern like that, i might as well duct tape on.
Hey BeerMonkeY, maybe your dad can start making real leather kits for the JK and selling them to us!!! I haven't done my door handles yet or my parking brake lever, so I'd be interested! :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And here's a pic of my steering wheel w/ the Wheelskins leather cover (Eurotone Charcoal and Black combo) to go w/ the leather-wrapped grab handle:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts