JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my local tire shop mount and balance my new wheels and tires today. a few hours later they called and said one of my tires had a leak and wouldn't hold air. I went back to pick them up only to find the leak wasn't in the tire, but the rim itself. I'm not sure if it's a manufacturing defect, or damage sustained from the shop trying to mount the tire. Also, the company is closed on the weekends, so I cannot speak to tech support until tomorrow afternoon. anyone had this problem before?

· Registered
7 Posts
whos the manufacturer? when did you buy them? most manufactures have a one year against defects. that is a defect. but if you've had em for 3 years you are probably sol. just depends on who some are better than others

· Registered
722 Posts
Are they Walker evens? If so they will probably take care of it. See this alot in cast aluminum wheels at work. Most common in the wheels that are made in china. There quailty control just isnt up to par like it should be.
Havent seen it happen in forged wheels yet unless they are beat to hell causing cracks to occure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.