JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several threads on here on what the build has been prior to taking it to Morgan and I can go find them and add them if people would like but I figured I would focus on the latest iteration. I took my Jeep to Morgan Clarke Design and said I want my Jeep to have as low of a center of gravity as possible while sitting on 42" MTRs and 14" Coilovers with 6" of up travel. This is a series of videos he posted documenting his part of the build.

Its currently being torn down for paint, wiring, plumbing etc... Its going to be a while before she is ready to drive.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I have several threads on here on what the build has been prior to taking it to Morgan and I can go find them and add them if people would like but I figured I would focus on the latest iteration. I took my Jeep to Morgan Clarke Design and said I want my Jeep to have as low of a center of gravity as possible while sitting on 42" MTRs and 14" Coilovers with 6" of up travel. This is a series of videos he posted documenting his part of the build.

Its currently being torn down for paint, wiring, plumbing etc... Its going to be a while before she is ready to drive.

This is what you've been doing with those fat hood stacks?
Excellent. Now you n Kowboy can compare how much better this is than Turd.

• Haha
Reactions: ALASHA

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
No love for the fenders. I would go with a small 3"-4" headlight since you are going with a custom grill. Once I get my new motor I will be doing somthing simular by tubing the whole front. I don't know if I will even keep the factory firewall. This helps me see what to and not to do.(y)

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
No love for the fenders. I would go with a small 3"-4" headlight since you are going with a custom grill. Once I get my new motor I will be doing somthing simular by tubing the whole front. I don't know if I will even keep the factory firewall. This helps me see what to and not to do.(y)
Looking forward to seeing what yours turns out to be.
In Canada, those fenders would need to be 14" wide. :mad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
In Canada, those fenders would need to be 14" wide. :mad:

Hahaha Exactly.There are some pretty sic rides on this forum inc the OP.. Couldn't drive 10 blocks on the island before cops shut you down .Towed & Impounded.
They are strict here . Largest wheels I see around here is 35"
Don't see anything higher than 3" lift.
You can get inspected but they can make you take off those expensive mods.Seen a couple guys tow their rigs just to avoid hassles. It's kinda fucked here for that . So 2 1/2" lift with 33 or 35's it is .

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Hahaha Exactly.There are some pretty sic rides on this forum inc the OP.. Couldn't drive 10 blocks on the island before cops shut you down .Towed & Impounded.
They are strict here . Largest wheels I see around here is 35"
Don't see anything higher than 3" lift.
You can get inspected but they can make you take off those expensive mods.Seen a couple guys tow their rigs just to avoid hassles. It's kinda fucked here for that . So 2 1/2" lift with 33 or 35's it is .
I had 37's on/off the island a lot. (thedirtman has an opinion on running 37's as a dd. He's correct)
Bushwacker flatties and 3.5" bs. The sidewall lugs stuck out about 1/2". Made removable mudflaps.
Went through a couple cvse/RCMP/conservation inspection road blocks. Never had a problem with the jeep, but had a couple conversations about what is storage, and what is transportation. Cops don't know the law, usually.
Actually, the more I think about it, the less I think cops are there to protect us.

·
Registered
24 Posts
U
I had 37's on/off the island a lot. (thedirtman has an opinion on running 37's as a dd. He's correct)
Bushwacker flatties and 3.5" bs. The sidewall lugs stuck out about 1/2". Made removable mudflaps.
Went through a couple cvse/RCMP/conservation inspection road blocks. Never had a problem with the jeep, but had a couple conversations about what is storage, and what is transportation. Cops don't know the law, usually.
Actually, the more I think about it, the less I think cops are there to protect us.
Ok you ran 37" s without being ticketed , good to know . The biggest I will go is 35".
Don't really need anything bigger around here . Read Dirtman's article on lifts.
Very informative and it verified many of my thoughts . Will read his article on 37's.
I'm still running factory fenders and stick out about an inch with no mud flaps. Am considering flat tops. I've found a couple. that are wide enough . Just putting some thought into it.
I hinestiy research the shit out of everything before I do on my Jeep. Unfortunaly there's is many that don't and end up on here with major problems .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts