JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im still getting DW in my lifted unlimited, i noticed that my front left spring is slightly bowed backwards, which i think means that my lower control arm is too long on that side, where as my passenger side looks straight up n down. could this cause dw??

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I've seen many springs bow. Probably has nothing to do with the LCAs. As far as the death wobble goes we need to know much more info....

lift, miles on JK, etc...

·
Registered
610 Posts
If you're sure all your hardware is tight, your best diagnostic tool is to get it alligned. You could very well be light on caster since the arms are adjustable.
They told me this last week and it worked. However I have a Rock Krawler kit with no wobble just sensitive steering. Now aligned to spec it is pure awesomeness

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry guys, been hella busy the past few days.

Stats for jeep:2008 unlimited rubicon, 35"dunlop mud rovers, poly 4" lift coils, zone offroad shocks (haters will hate, but they're the smoothest shocks ive ever ran), rough country LCA's, around 40k miles, smittybilts HEAVY ASS xrc corners (front and rear), fornt winch and homebrew winch bumper, welded washers on track bar mount, hardware all tight.

I guess covers the basics. I still need to test my ball joints with the crow bar. But have not had my castor angle checked.

If there is anybody in the San Jose area with an angle/level to check my angles, please let me know, and maybe i can swing by your place and use it for a sec, in exhange for a :beer:

DW is a tricky bitch, and together, we can end this fight! hahaha

Thanks guys, i know that were all sick of seeing this topic pop up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.