JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just spent 2 solid days in soft sand and mud. Had a great time and the JK did outstanding. Well it did remind me that I need the lift and better than stock tires, came a little too close to getting stuck in the mud. The other thing that has me kind of freaked out is when I got back and was going over and under tightening bolts I found that the air filter for the CAI had fallen off so I will be changing the oil today and stressing on the damage the dust could have done. Any ideas of how bad it could be or has this happened to you before. Oh and for all of you in cold weather states, it was in the mid 70’s this weekend. Shorts, t-shirts and lots of beer.:beer::smokin:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Oh and for all of you in cold weather states, it was in the mid 70’s this weekend. Shorts, t-shirts and lots of beer.:beer::smokin:
I think I speak for all of us up here in the great white north when I say.....:thefinger:. We got another four inches of snow and the temps have dropped into the low teens. On the other hand, come July when it's gorgeous here and you are hunkered down by the AC, I'll be outside with shorts on, Jeep's top down and I'll have a :beer: for you. :D

·
14ers
479 Posts
Doug,
I'm with you on the shorts and T-shirts here in sunny CA. But LAST weekend I was in the Siearras on a snow run in my bone stocker and it still kicked-butt. Out of 15 rigs the Toad was the only stock rig and was able to make it higher than 8 of the other lifted/modded rigs. :bounce::bounce:

But in the show I really didn't worry about dust in the intake. I suggest to change the oil, run a fuel system cleaner, change the oil again in a couple days and see what the oil looks like coming out. And watch your mpg's.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah for three month a year it is 110-120 but that is still t-shirts, shorts and even more beer. And the top never goes up. :smokin::beer::smokin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts