JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been asked a million times before but i cant seem to find the exact answer. I am picking up my jeep today FINALLY! its a 2013 JKU sportS white w/ 3.73's. My question is w/o a gear change should i go w/ 33's or something a little larger? I am looking at either the GY duratrac in either the 285/ 70/ 17 or 75's. (33.8" X 11.2") I am also getting rims and looking for opinion's on backpacking. I am looking at the KMC XD807 STRIKE whcih have a 4.06 BS. Lastly this is my daily driver and I not going off road that much maybe a few times a month so should I bother w/ a true 2" lift or is there anyone running the larger 75's w/ just a budget boost/ level kit? Any pics an opinions would be great.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
I know this has been asked a million times before but i cant seem to find the exact answer. I am picking up my jeep today FINALLY! its a 2013 JKU sportS white w/ 3.73's. My question is w/o a gear change should i go w/ 33's or something a little larger? I am looking at either the GY duratrac in either the 285/ 70/ 17 or 75's. (33.8" X 11.2") I am also getting rims and looking for opinion's on backpacking. I am looking at the KMC XD807 STRIKE whcih have a 4.06 BS. Lastly this is my daily driver and I not going off road that much maybe a few times a month so should I bother w/ a true 2" lift or is there anyone running the larger 75's w/ just a budget boost/ level kit? Any pics an opinions would be great.
I've run 35s and 37s on my new 2012 with 3.73s and an auto. It is fine with either. Buy a ProCal and it will correct the shift points and make it even better.

It is almost like stock with the 35s. 37s were a stretch but it was liveable for sure.

I noticed more of a loss in brake performance than anything else.

Marcus

·
Registered
634 Posts
I just bought maxxis bighorn 305/70r17's and they came out to 34" on the rear tire carrier and 33" on the ground. I was looking for 295/70r17"s but settled on the bighorns for the price. If you're curious what they look like on the Jeep check out the "Maxxis Bighorn's anyone?" thread listed just below this one. 285/70r17's seemed a tad small to me but in all honesty with a 2" lift they look really nice.

·
Registered
634 Posts
thanks for the feedback. How do the Bighorns ride? Arent they more of a mud tire than an AT?
Yes, they are a mud tire. I can only compare them to my last two sets of similar tires I've owned. I had bfg km and km2's, and these are more quite than both of them, which must be good because my bfg's were quieter than most anyone else I wheeled with. Personally I couldn't find any AT's I liked accept the dick cepick's... Those look sweet! I almost bought those @ 305/65r17 but they cost a tad more than the Maxxis. So I went for the slightly bigger tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts