JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen these racks?? I am looking to purchase these, so that I can tote my 2 14ft kayaks. The reason I like this rack, is because there are no issues with take either the soft or hard top off, as there are no poles running the length of the roof. Anyone out here have the Lange rack, or has anyone heard of them? :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
i would like to purchase too for my kayak...no poles running the length of the roof its so perfect BUT when you get all you things on it and you have to put back the soft top because rain coming soon or emergency...ouchhh not funny,you have to take off everything on the rack??...well its faster with no poles...but you get all wet lol...bah! its just jeep life!!Seen to be a good product but i not sure about the back part...how it still in place?? is it into the spare tire or just on the tailgate??

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just ordered a gobi steath rack. And it's for 17' sterling kayaks. Yes over board but hey it can carry gear also and a tent. And and and. Also looks very good. North ridge had a deal. The wife said get it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went for the Lange rack to carry my canoe.
I have assembled and fit the rear, but have yet to install the front portion.
The components are well made and I was happy to find that my Mopar canoe tie down parts (from my previous Jeep Compass rack) fit the slots on the Lange.
Looking forward to the ice leaving our lakes soon and once I get the rack on and try it out will post pics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I have the Lange and it's very convenient. I recently picked up a new Yakima rack for my hard top, since it was more practical for camping, etc. I have the Lange Rack and the large kayak accessory. I think I used it like 3 or 4 times. Have all the parts if anyone is interested. I'm in Tampa, FL and would sell the whole setup for around $350 (the rack originally was $400 and the kayak setup was about $130). Not too sure how much shipping would cost if someone needed it shipped. It's pretty large and heavy-duty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased the front rack only and I am very disappointed. First off, it's a completely different design as what they show on their website and in their YouTube installation video. The support poles connect to the crossbar in a very crappy looking way, not the nice sleek way it looks on the website. Another issue is that the retaining knobs that secure the support poles won't tighten because the nuts were misaligned when the we're welded on to the brackets. If that isn't bad enough, Lange won't return my emails. This thing is not cheap at $260 and it looks like a high school shop project .

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts