JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just wanted to know anyones opinion.... I havent seen it done yet, but it would be unique and i would definently like to know how it would look. Though i think the design and style would be hard since the hinges are on the outside...:smokin:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Just drive in the rock garden with your doors open, then at the end of the day, i am sure you will have achieved this look!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
to me this is the only problem... A car door is shaped diffrent and the seat location is diffrent. Usually the door is wider than ours (bigger space to get out of) and usually the bottom of the door is not quite as wide as the middle of the door. So when you open the door and it goes up it moves the door enough for the bottom to clear the opening so you can get out.

Our doors are not shaped the same way. Just think about how far the door would have to go before the bottom of the door would clear the door opening

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your Jeep my friend! It would catch some eyes. For me, if I could be doorless year round, that is what it would be!

I really want some full cloth doors like I had on my CJ to just leave in the back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
like i said it would be unique and Id like to see someone do it... you'll definently catch some eyes like BirdsFanVa said. Or how bout gullwings like the one from back to the future lol it would look wierd but until someone really experiments with it we will never know...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well just wanted to know anyones opinion.... I havent seen it done yet, but it would be unique and i would definently like to know how it would look. Though i think the design and style would be hard since the hinges are on the outside...:smokin:
You are kidding right? :shaking:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think you need to get phase I completed first ;)

This JK looks like it should have a couple of horses in front of it and a guy with a buggy whip sitting on the roof.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
This JK looks like it should have a couple of horses in front of it and a guy with a buggy whip sitting on the roof.
:shaking:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
And I thought this would be the "cool forum"! I guess I was wrong,way wrong.:shaking:
What's not cool? 2Tough_Nelson asked for opinions and got them.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
There are shops here in Los Angeles that can make anything have Lambo doors.
My friend did it to his Celica. It's ok I guess, not my cup of tea. One notable fact is that each door costs about $2500 to do and they actually use real Lambo door shocks to do it. One shock is $1000 bucks. Call "310 motorsports" They'll do it for ya.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
And I thought this would be the "cool forum"! I guess I was wrong,way wrong.:shaking:
...and the name- "eddy" dont help yer reputation much either. kidding!:)

Most of the "uncool" guys on this site dont care for the "pimpin" look...nothing personal...just that we mostly do mods to help off-road performance. Tops off, doors off, lockers, suspensions, winches (that get used), etc...

I think the Lambo door idea would be cool and a real head turner at the local Olive Garden or Gap store etc...but at an off-road venue, I would piss myself , laughing.:D

Although you cant give this site the "Fonzie thumbs up- aaaaayyyy!", i would be interested to see the write-up of this mod with pics and total cost. (bet that wont happen anytime soon...):shaking:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts