JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My wife and I have been staying at Lake Wenatchee for the last couple of months. I have been riding the great single track trails on my dirtbike, riding the twisty paved roads on my Ducati, and exploring the forest roads on my supermoto bike, and in the Jeep.

The two track roads around here are in too good of shape to really be exciting in the Jeep. The only scary part is that most of them are as wide as my track on the Jeep with sheer cliffs. They are also very overgrown and I have added to my pinstripes considerably. I am tired of driving up a road only to find it no longer goes anywhere and then backing down a half mile of narrow road with bushes on either side and usually a drop off on one side. Scary, but not fun scary.
We have found a bunch of nice drives over the hills to Entiat from the lake, but nothing that even requires putting it in 4WD.
Can any one suggest some trails over here that are washed out rocky and rutted, and that actually go somewhere with out ending at a landslide or gate?

Even though we are on vacation, I ended up getting a job helping with the restoration of a vintage Bell 45G helicopter at the Chelan municipal airport. I have also been doing flight training there. Instead of driving the 80 miles on HWY 2 and 97, I commute of some old forest roads and turn it into a 20 mile drive. Fun for a commute, but it is more rally style driving than it is Jeeping.

Any suggestions on some good trails would be appreciated.

DesertJK (David)

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Naches is NB on 410 out of Yakima. Great area. Ask anyone in the Yakima area where to head to, and grab a map. Lots of terrain. PNW meet and greet at Naches Sept 10-11 as well. The NW JKOers will be there.

Link to mapping: http://www.nwjeepn.com/WAtrails.htm

Hope to see ya

·
Registered
64 Posts
gggrrrrrrr :pissed: .... I'll be home but already have plans for that weekend, maybe i'll catch up to you guys some other time:beer:

·
Registered
57 Posts
If there are more details somewhere on the Sept 10-11 thing, I might be able to plug that into my calendar. Would be fun for me and the boy to do on the way to the Seahawks game on the 12th.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Nice. I've never personally attended this meet, but supposed to be a good time.

We have a group of approximately 6 meeting at the Emunclaw Safeway at 8am Saturday. We are then running the Naches Trail West to East, ending in the Naches area for the meet.

Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sounds fun. Im heading there Sat. morning from Ephrata. Going to stay the night, then hit Qwest field for the Swahawks home opener. Very convienient that this event is 'on the way' lol. I have my silver JKOwners decals on the jeep. Might make me easier to spot.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
We should be a group of: black, yellow, forest green and silver 4doors and a red 2dr. Big black 4dr has JKO Just below windshield lights and Heros Fastback top.

See ya

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Isn't there going to be a massive amount of people on this run? I'm just thinking it could take along time to run the trail. And you guys are running it East to West now? Still debating, I had a blast last time I did it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Supposed to be lots of people, and lots of trail options. Im going more to check out rigs, and find new ways to go broke. Also camping with the kids is always fun. Put a new bumper/swing arm on today, and a rack going on hopefully tomorrow. Fun stuffs!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Good for you Tak, I had to bail, Father inlaw hit the emergency room there for I have to spend some quality hospital time. Hope everything went well. That a great trail. The wife did tell me we can do it together soon though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great time. Lotsa swag given away, unfortunately I didnt win any. Steaks were tasty, kids had a blast.

Probably do it again next year.
Hope your family member is ok. Stay safe yourself.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Our group of 9 rigs ran the full Naches Trail, then headed over to Funny and Moon Rocks. Only saw one other JKOer (red rock 4dr with a Gobi rack) heading westbound on the trail. Never saw the Meet and Greet area.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I believe James and Mike have some pics. Tough to take pics on the trail in; narrow and very few open areas. There is some video and pics from Rocks. I didn't make it to that area, got sidetracked on some other trails. Rest of the group hungout at Rocks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was camped next to the gobi rack guy. Got there too late to do any of the runs. Too bad ya didnt make it to the camp. Good times.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ben, we gotta get together and wheel :bounce: One of my army buddies just got his rig back from the shop, added lift/tires, bumpers and a winch and is ready to take it out:beer:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts