JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if I'm entitled to recieve my vacation days after being laid off,I work for an electrical contractor and they are giving me a hard time about it.Anyone know what the laws on this are.

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Its been a few years since I was laid off... and IIRC it depends on how your vacation time is allotted and your companies written policies. NJ didnt have laws on the books yet as soon as 2008 regarding vacation pay, but I think a lot is determined by how your employee handbook is written. your original job description may also be of help. I would contact the NK Dept. of Labor and see what your options are.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Sorry to hear about the layoff. But at least you have a skill in demand. Any new prospects?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response's with the amount of hours I was working last month getting laid off was the best thing that could happen right now and there don't seem to be a whole lot of work in the future there.

·
Registered
436 Posts
There should be a labor board you can ask. Here in arkansas I've always received vacation pay.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The link I provided above was for the NJ Division of Labor - hopefully a quick scan of that and maybe send it to them (if you are entitled) and it can be resolved...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts