JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rockness competed in a rock crawling competition at our local rock park, Kansas Rocks Recreation Park. The 3 courses were VERY tight, even Suzukies were having trouble getting around. Rockness timed out of the first course and lost his steering on the second after his PSC Ram Assist overheated and blew a hose. His engine bay was covered in fluid and his serpentine belt kept slipping off.

Later I'll post a video covering the entire event, but for now enjoy the only JK that had the guts to enter.

Here is a new video of the entire event I put together:
Crawlfest at Kansas Rocks - YouTube

Rockness Monster's run:
Rockness JK at KS Rocks Crawlfest - YouTube

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Cool video. An event like that would be fun I think.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was sorry to see the JK have to bow out after the belt kept slipping. The long wheelbase was a pain but I think the width would have helped out a little compared to some of the rigs on full widths.

I was helping spot for Manning in the blue EXO'd zuki and blasting around with the RC's, I didn't want to drag my JK through there! I work with Jake (the organizer) and we came up with some good changes for the fall crawl. Should help make the shared unlimited gates and stock gates work a little better for the bigger trucks. We also talked about splitting the courses up a little differently to help with the (lack of) turning radius on the longer rigs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts