JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been to KOH a few times, but this year a friend that has raced Baja and has a cool LS sand buggy is meeting me with his toy hauler/camper.

He may not arrive until Thursday. Where should we camp? Would like to pull in near some of you guys if possible. Will anyone have a spot on Thursday we can pull into?

Any advice and input is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
359 Posts
You can pretty much park/camp where every you'd like. What we usually do (and are doing again this year) is go down the main road to hammer town, and where it splits right/left, we take the left, drive past hammer town, and find a spot within walking distance. A good marker (if he's here in the same spot this year) is the wood selling guy.

I'm planning on getting there on Wed afternoon(with the rest of the gang coming in later that night) and you're more than welcome to camp near/with us. I'm in a black JKU with half doors on 35's with a :thefinger: sticker on the driver's side (I also have a "For rectal use only" sticker as well but that's another story).

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can pretty much park/camp where every you'd like. What we usually do (and are doing again this year) is go down the main road to hammer town, and where it splits right/left, we take the left, drive past hammer town, and find a spot within walking distance. A good marker (if he's here in the same spot this year) is the wood selling guy.

I'm planning on getting there on Wed afternoon(with the rest of the gang coming in later that night) and you're more than welcome to camp near/with us. I'm in a black JKU with half doors on 35's with a :thefinger: sticker on the driver's side (I also have a "For rectal use only" sticker as well but that's another story).
I know exactly where you mean.

I'll be out ahead of time in my rental car awaiting his arrival, so I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's a long shot, but I'll be there on Friday, and so far, my luck hasn't been great with finding a rental 4x4.

Would someone mind if we (the GF and I) tagged along for the day? I would be nice to be able to get to the nice spots. :beer:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Dark_Reaper: we're using my rig to get around but I don't have any free seats however if you're able to rent a 4x4, you're more than welcome to meet up with us.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Maybe I'm not looking at the right place.. but everywhere I've looked, they only have FWD SUVs or they strictly forbid off-road driving.

Do you have any recommendations?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Not sure but there may be UTV/ATV rentals if that'll work. A stock Suv can work to get you around to the major obstacles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts