JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so every once in a while i have this knocking that i can feel on my feet under the driver side of my jeep. my jeep is brand new. 2012. it usually only happens on some turns. is this normal or does anyone know what it can be?

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
Go underneath and untie the midget, it's getting cold!

Seriously it could be a number of things, time to go underneath and have a look. Check all bushings and mounts for torque and to see if bushings are going bad.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Or.... Get ready for it..... Go back to the dealer.... It's a 2012. My 2011 does that occassionally, im waiting until something falls off or its constant to worry about it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or.... Get ready for it..... Go back to the dealer.... It's a 2012. My 2011 does that occassionally, im waiting until something falls off or its constant to worry about it.
i will too lol

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Sounds like your front shaft is rubbing on the tranny skid plate. Worth getting under it and looking for signs of rub.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
slight mods, none to suspension

·
Registered
326 Posts
I know a few people have complained about the swaybar links having issues where the upper part of the link bolts to the swaybar.. Might want to look into it and see if there's any problems

·
Registered
7 Posts
so every once in a while i have this knocking that i can feel on my feet under the driver side of my jeep. my jeep is brand new. 2012. it usually only happens on some turns. is this normal or does anyone know what it can be?
same noise in my 2011 it is a bad steering shaft mine was replaced at 2500 km

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Hoping by now you just took it to the dealership to get fixed? What was the issue? Curious since I have a 2012, I do not have the problem but who knows what will happen in the future.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry havent been on at all lately. but i didnt take it yet because it wasnt acting up but it seems to have gotten worse. i'll take it this weekend probably.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts