1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I'll bite. Sending PM.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Damnit, I just bought a pair of these this afternoon. If guruman backs out let me know. I might be able to cancel my order.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Payment sent. I'll PM you my address.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
You have tracking info or an ETA? I just got the HID's I ordered before buying these 8700's, Wondering when these will get here to see if it's worth the work to try out the HIDs for a few days until the 8700's arrive.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
They arrived today. I can't say I'm too happy. I was expecting JW Speaker Evolution 8700's for $600.

These have no Speaker logo, no DOT certification and look a bit different from images of JW Speakers on the interwebs.

I suspect they are Chinese knock-offs worth about $200 on eBay.

What. The. Hell, Dude?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The OP sent me a PM, indicating his dismay that I was confused. He listed them with the exact title from the place where he bought them, never said they were JW Speakers,... etc.

Rather than argue, bicker, or stress, I simply shipped them back and issued a chargeback on my AMEX. They pulled the money from PayPal, and I assume PayPal pulled it from the OP, but IDK. I'm only out the return shipping.

The bottom line is, the OP has the lights back, and I have my money back (mostly). I felt like maybe it was intentionally misleading, with the carefully wording of the title, and asking almost the JW Speaker price for knockoff lights selling on eBay for half as much. But giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe it was an honest mis-communication.

Either way, the lights were definitely knock-offs, and if he paid that much for them, he got screwed worse than I did.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I PMed the buyer the moment I got wind of the fake jw speakers, and didn't hear a reply back. However I did get them back, and issued the refund on paypal. I did not play any games, treated him and handled it how I would want it done for me. I'll attach my purchase from the original seller. Which I have sent back.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
I PMed the buyer the moment I got wind of the fake jw speakers, and didn't hear a reply back. However I did get them back, and issued the refund on paypal. I did not play any games, treated him and handled it how I would want it done for me. I'll attach my purchase from the original seller. Which I have sent back.
Dude, that picture is not from your original purchase, that is just a picture of an ebay shopping cart. That seller lists those headlamps at 299.99 a PAIR. You added 2 to the cart to make the total say 599 and then changed the quantity to 1 which is why it says update in blue under it. Looks like you got caught trying to pull one over and make some money off a member here which is pretty fucked up. Here is a screenshot of the lights from this ebay seller, the seller does not list these as jw speakers and only offers these in black or a halo version for more money.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sketchy as fuck

Sent by packets

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
So much for giving the guy the benefit of a doubt. I weep for a world where fellow Jeepers cannot be trusted. Sad.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
So much for giving the guy the benefit of a doubt. I weep for a world where fellow Jeepers cannot be trusted. Sad.
The whole thing stinks, shady as fuck. He can argue semantics, but, the general feeling was that these were JW Speaker, especially at the price presented.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts