JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running King 12" on the front of my 4 door. I noticed that the lower springs are bowed and not sitting even on the shock. The upper spring looks fine. When I ordered the setup I gave my specific ( PSC BFH stubby bumper, PSC fendor flares, rockhard cage, warn 10,000 winch) and the springs that I received were 250 over 250. The coilvers squeak like crazy. I am pretty sure that this is a common issue as I have seen some start to replace the stock slide with the AGM sliders. For those of you running coilovers up front do your lower coils sit strait or do they also bow? Let me know. The picture doesnt quiet show how much its bowed.
Thanks

Attachments

· Registered
576 Posts
AGM sliders will take care of both issues. You'll need to readjust your isolator spanners, as the AGM sliders are much taller since they also work as a guide for the upper spring. No noise daily driving and keeps the wife off my back complaining about noisy c/o's. Some noise flexing, but hardly noticeable compared to the stock sliders.

· Registered
1,279 Posts
Rotate the springs so the ends are 180deg opposed. Always seemed to help when I was setting them up.
This ^^^ I have a set in the front of my 2dr. One side was rubbing the shock body so i rotated the springs so that the ends of the coils where they touch the sliders were 180 degrees from each other and it didnt rub anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.