JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
When I was a kid, I used to collect die-cast replica handguns from a place called the Collector's Armory. The handguns weren't cheap either. Each one was like $70-100. I would work and do chores to earn enough to pay for these replicas.

When I was 11 and in 6th grade (it was still elementary school back then) I took a die-cast replica of a nickel-plated government model 1911 with wood grips and showed the class how to field strip it and put it back together. I even remember doing it blind-folded in front of the class. I took it to school in parts and showed the teacher that the barrel was solid and there was no firing pin mechanism in the slide. The teacher was fine with it.

Other than the solid barrel, the pistol looked and felt real. It even had solid brass rounds that would chamber and eject when you pulled the slide. Since they are all pre-Clinton era, none of them have the bright orange plug that was required on all replicas. I think my parents kept them and have like 8 of them packed in a box in the attic.

·
Registered
9,421 Posts
I carried a pocket knife all through school. But really, hasn't everyone gotten the memo that they don't allow shit like this in school. Whose the short bus riding parents that are slow to get up to speed.

When I was in school all the boys brought military shit for show and tell, one buddy had a friggin' WW2 bazooka that he would bring. Those days have come and gone. Everyone should be up to speed at this point

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
FTFA

bearzee
At least it wasn't something really dangerous...like a pack of Skittles.
Made me ROR a little.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
All through high school wore a knife on my side and had a shotgun in gunrack of truck. Principal used to ask me to borrow my knife.

Hell I'm in the yearbook and knife sheath was clearly visible.

OK this was in 1980 so :thefinger:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.