JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Longtime lurker,
Long story short had an 05 unlimited and loved it, currently have a one ton dodge I couldn't pass up and want to keep. Thinking of getting a JK or slightly used liberty for work where 4wd is a must. The issue is mileage I will be on the road a lot and wonder as a daily driver if getting back in a JK is the right move? If I got a JK it would be new, the liberty is an 05 CRD low mileage...any thoughts

JJ

· Registered
447 Posts
For mileage reasons you are better off with the liberty.

Sent via evil monkey!

· Registered
721 Posts
It's as aerodynamic as a brick. It's not the type of vehicle to buy if you're worried about mpg's but it's fun as hell to drive anytime of the year. Doorless summers, topless fall foliage rides and a blast in the deep snow.

Don Broadbent
BMJA President

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I were to get the liberty, I would probably need to trade my truck because the timeframe. I'm betting the liberty won't be around long, however in two to three months I expect the truck to get paid off and allow a JK purchase. I just know I would kick myself down the road if I let the truck go.

JJ

· Registered
13,219 Posts
I dont know how you could pass up the liberty diesel if you are looking for fuel economy and 4wd
Do the Liberty diesels even get good mileage? All I've heard is they're pretty much pigs in every department, but I haven't researched it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.