JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have power windows and locks with keyless entry, the key head has lock/unlock/panic buttons. Yes, I know, Jeeps should have crank windows and manual locks and why not leave the doors off anyway.:grinpimp:

I have had a problem for a long time with the doors not unlocking with the button. The really weird part is it only happens at work. I park in an above ground garage and have tried all over in there and it continued to happen. I've tried both keys, no joy. Of course the dealer can't duplicate the problem and is no help at all. I suggested reprogramming the keys, but they will only do it on my dime.:shaking: Lately it's been nearly every time I try to unlock at work, but again never anywhere else.

Finally I replaced the battery in my key and it now works every time!:bounce:

So, if you are having a similar problem spend the $2 for a battery and hopefully that's all it takes. No, I don't know why the hell I didn't do this 6 months ago.:idea:

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
I once had a similar issue with the remote not working at work, but everywhere else. Turns out that they installed a new gate system that was sending out stray RF or so that is what they told me (military installation).

·
Registered
494 Posts
I used to work across the street from a 50,000 watt FM radio station transmitter. Power locks didn't work very well there either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts