JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 2011 4dr rubi I have just removed my top and door. After turning jeep off and removing keys removed from ignition Radio continues to play and milage/Direction displayed on instrument panel for about 1 to 2 minutes. Now that the doors are removed do I need to pull a fuse or something to cause this not to happen

·
Registered
456 Posts
No - it will go off on its own in like you said 1 or 2 minutes - or just reach up and hit the power button on the radio - especially if you don't want someone saying - "hey, you're radio is still on"

·
Registered
915 Posts
Take advantage of this feature.

Whenever you go to the mall/grocery store/wherever just make sure that you have the stereo cranked up and playing "Ride of the Valkyries".......

As you exit your Jeep and walk away it'll be like your own personal grand entrance theme song...

Guaranteed to turn heads.....

:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for the answers

·
Registered
285 Posts
Take advantage of this feature.

Whenever you go to the mall/grocery store/wherever just make sure that you have the stereo cranked up and playing "Ride of the Valkyries".......

As you exit your Jeep and walk away it'll be like your own personal grand entrance theme song...

Guaranteed to turn heads.....

:D
I am so going to do this sometime this summer. But maybe with the James Bond theme music...

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
I too have the same issue!

I just hit the button that turns the radio off.

It's a jeep thing, kind of like the wave, you just have to get used to it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I like the theme music option, that is hilarious!

Tho...if you want to change it to shut down quicker, click the menu button on steering wheel controls, there should be an option for how long before powering down. I can't recall the exact name of the function, but it will be obvious. If your doors were still on, the radio would shut off when you open a door. Since you pull the door wiring harness (I hope!) when you pull the door, I think it confuses that feature.

I discovered this same issue last night, and I haven't tested it yet, but this is my guess why.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts