1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kenwood DNX 8120 :D

Complete with XM and NEXRAD Radar. :D

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will get pics in a few days of the weather screen... I am back to work, And in Waco Texas now.

And yes, I have the Master Mariner package with XM. It displays real time NEXRAD radar overlays on the Garmin software. Friggin cool stuff.

I am toying around with a Garmin 376c right now, And looking at a huge blob headed towards Austin. It's about 150 miles away.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I would really like to hear more information on your setup if you would not mind posting or PMing it for me. I am thinking I may end up getting it as a father's day gift to myself. :smokin:

I see there has been a newer model out, but the 8120 looks like it will do more than I'll ever need.

Any problems at all since the install? Sound good and any issues with volume control/power?

Thanks
TonyT.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am running the stock Infinity system with this unit, And it reall kicks ass!

One thing that has me worried is that the limiting features of the stock unit seem to be gone, And allowing it to drive everything harder. Maybe a bad thing if you JAM like i do. ;)

I have only played with it for a few hours so far before i had to go to work, So i will update this when i get more time. :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
im running a pionneer avic-f90bt and i have to agree that aftermarket HU GREATLY increase the sound quality/loudness of the stock infinity speakers. idk what the pre out voltage on the kenwood is but i know mine is 4 volt and my speakers sound amazing. The higher the pre outs the better the sound quality:bounce:

·
Registered
394 Posts
any of you guys with the after market decks have a mygig rer they would want to sell to help recoupe some of the funds spent?????

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the 6 disk REQ

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nothing like digging up an old thread but I'm looking to upgrade from the Infinity system stock single disc stereo to one of the Kenwood DNX series. I have looked at the 7160, 9960 and a few others and never new there was an 81 series. Has it held up for you? Thanks for any and all answers!!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Looks good, I have the kenwood 71 series touchscreen version. I love mine, with the direct ipod connect in the glovebox. Mine has held up great and I have put it through hell, rain, sun, and this wonderful georgia dry red clay dust. And the dvd picture is amazing. I have always been a kenwood fan.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thanks for the input Taco, that is one of the models that I'm leaning towards!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts