JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As gas prices continue to drop I want to urge all herein to continue walking, biking, busing or whatever you've been doing to save gas. Our recent price drops have been due to Americans saving gas, lowering demand. If we get complacent again and begin to go back to past habits, we will only see the prices rapidly rising back to where they were 6 months ago.

Remember that if you walk, carpool, bike or take an alternative way to work one day a week, you save up to 20% of your gas use.

Keep it up and remind others to do the same.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
not taking my jeep out wheeling

what are u guys talking about? i for one am not taking my jeep out wheeling this week because i want lower gas prices.:grinpimp::shaking:
We are not taking the jeep out this weekend because we wasted our money paying the bills and buying food....

"Most of my money I spent on Bikes Booze and Babes. The rest I wasted!"

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
As gas prices continue to drop I want to urge all herein to continue walking, biking, busing or whatever you've been doing to save gas. Our recent price drops have been due to Americans saving gas, lowering demand. If we get complacent again and begin to go back to past habits, we will only see the prices rapidly rising back to where they were 6 months ago.

Remember that if you walk, carpool, bike or take an alternative way to work one day a week, you save up to 20% of your gas use.

Keep it up and remind others to do the same.
I think the drastic increase in gas prices was due to a commodities bubble created by speculators, ie: hedge funds and institutional investors looking for profits as stocks began their decline. And then the commodities fall across the board as the great sell off began so the investors could cover their margin calls. Market manipulation more so than supply and demand. JMO

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was helping to run the prices higher. As we cut demand, that takes the legs out from under the speculators.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Typical liberal BS "lets save the world", global warming, corporate America, blah blah, blah.
Nothing liberal about it, just intelligent. That may be why you don't get it.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Nothing liberal about it, just intelligent. That may be why you don't get it.
Oh yeah I forgot, you're a genius. Sorry man.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that speculators can speculate without demand increasing. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out that when gas prices are low people will travel more. I'll help you by telling everyone that they shouldn't travel. ;)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Nope...he's conserving fuel sitting on his Lazy Boy, while thinking up clever and dismissive things to say to his detractors....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.