JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the KC windshield light mounts (can't return them) and now I don't know which lights to run on them. I know the Rigid Duallies will work as well as the KC Slimlights, but I hate Halogen and the Rigids just look silly to me not to mention that they don't throw the light very far.

I had 4" HID's on the windshield of my Raptor and they would reach out over half a mile, problem is I believe I have less than 2.5" of backspace from the center of the mount hole and the windshield glass 1" up from the mount. With that little room I have yet to find an HID with dimensions that would fit. Am I missing something here, does anyone know of any other options that work?

Thanks in advance.

Tejas

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If you can get your hands on some scrap metal, make your own.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I purchased the KC windshield light mounts (can't return them) and now I don't know which lights to run on them. I know the Rigid Duallies will work as well as the KC Slimlights, but I hate Halogen and the Rigids just look silly to me not to mention that they don't throw the light very far.

I had 4" HID's on the windshield of my Raptor and they would reach out over half a mile, problem is I believe I have less than 2.5" of backspace from the center of the mount hole and the windshield glass 1" up from the mount. With that little room I have yet to find an HID with dimensions that would fit. Am I missing something here, does anyone know of any other options that work?

Thanks in advance.

Tejas
Which Rigid lights did you run that didn't throw light far? I have D2 spots and they throw very far.

Part of my choice to run them because they are small and barely noticeable.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Aside from finding it questionable that compact vehicle mounted lighting mounted at the A-Pillar would have a reach of 2640 feet, here are the spec's on the Dually's and the Dually D2's.

Spec's on regular Dually. Looks like the spot's have a reach of almost 400 feet.

Spec's on the Dually D2. Looks like the D2 Driving have a reach of almost 300ft.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Spec's on regular Dually. Looks like the spot's have a reach of almost 400 feet.

Spec's on the Dually D2. Looks like the D2 Driving have a reach of almost 300ft.
Check again. Those specs are in METERS. So multiply by about 3.3.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
OP. if you are wanting to run HID lights check out HIDx brand lights. i know several people are running them on their A-pillar mounts, but not sure of the brand of the mount. if you cant find something that will work try selling your current mounts on this site and building your own. 1 piece of steel at lowes is like $6 and you can make several mounts for you and your buddies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts