JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever haul a short kayak (10-12) inside with it sticking out the back window? I need to go pick one up about 2 hours away and think this should work, but have no way to test it. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Anyone ever haul a short kayak (10-12) inside with it sticking out the back window? I need to go pick one up about 2 hours away and think this should work, but have no way to test it. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
2 door or 4 door?

You'll be sticking out big time. Even a 4 door would be sticking out a lot. Mine are 10 foot yaks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 door or 4 door?

You'll be sticking out big time. Even a 4 door would be sticking out a lot. Mine are 10 foot yaks.

4 door. Should have specified. What rack is that you are using? I really want something like that that I can still open the soft top.

·
Registered
399 Posts
You can not open the soft top with mine unless you lift it, flip the top and set it back down. I forget what mine is, it's old as dirt! I paid $200 for it used, it was for a 4 door, I cut it and made it short enough to fit the 2 door. I think it was called a Sherpa or something? Maybe Rugged Ridge?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts