JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is by far the best rocks in Texas! I am hooked and I need more mods now for sure. Bigger tires would be nice....If you haven't been you need to go. The folks (Randy and Shain) that run this place are top notch. The food was great also Trail Duty provided free beer. I couldn't go out with Trail Duty and Bodyguy because my rig is just not up to the trails they can tackle. They have some great mods on their rigs... Currie 9" and 40" + tires. The good news is there is something for everyone here.

I broke my transfer shifter cable in neutral just before I left today. It looks like it is made of plastic where it connects to the transfer case. I used a screwdriver to move it into gear. Got me home without any issues. I know there are threads on this just wanted to let folks know it is probably going to break out on the trail now or later! Get some clips.

More Pictures later:

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
You all have rocks down in Texas? :laughing: Might have to check this place out if I venture down yonder.

Looks like a ton of fun, great pics thus far.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here is a rock pic for you if you doubt.

This old CJ gave me a couple tugs when I got high centered. He had a great time out here with this locked up Jeep.

Living on the edge...

I think this should be on a Jeep brochure.

I really tested my homemade rock rails and some Goldfish crackers may have fallen on the trail. How do you expect me to find my way back?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Great pics! I've heard nothing but good things about K2 :beer:

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
I wish like hell I could have gone this weekend.

If it makes you feel better my transfer case linkage is double zip tied right now...LOL! It works!

Is BodyGuy running 40s now? Last I saw him he was on 37" KM2s. That Jeep is pretty sick isn't it!? I drooled for a very long time when I met them in Bastrop.

Good people! Good times! :beer::beer: for Trail Duty!

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish like hell I could have gone this weekend.

If it makes you feel better my transfer case linkage is double zip tied right now...LOL! It works!

Is BodyGuy running 40s now? Last I saw him he was on 37" KM2s. That Jeep is pretty sick isn't it!? I drooled for a very long time when I met them in Bastrop.

Good people! Good times! :beer::beer: for Trail Duty!
I am not sure about Bodyguy he may have had 37's but everything was really done right on his rig. I couldn't hang with his trail ability out here in Rock wonderland.

James was great to give me the tour of the place and make sure we got on some great trails for my rig. He has a really sweet 06 LJ Rubicon on a 4" RE LA

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
4x4x4 - Was great meeting you, man!
Same here and wow your rig has all the goodies. Let me know if you want to keep ordering then send em my way! You have to start replacing all that old stuff with an upgrade.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PhilD - I will join in next time and do my best to keep up with you guys. I will be ordering a rear locker soon so I will be in touch with you.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
You would have been fine with us. Most everywhere we went provided multiple paths and phil and rod aren't the kinda guys to force you into something. Even the trails that were a lil harder wouldn't have been a big deal, worst case, you coulda been carefully pulled over with a strap. Sorry I didn't get to meet you while we were there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Great pics...so you were running those rocks open? That makes me more confident that I could have fun out there too...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts