JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the breakdown:
1)Stock headlights- High beam and low beam work fine
2)JW Speaker w/JW harnesses- low beam works, high beam on passenger side does not work after switching headlights and harnesses to both sides
3)JW Speaker w/JW harness on driver side and trucklite jumper on passenger side- high beam and low beam work but passenger side flickers
4)JW Speaker w/trucklite harnesses- high beam and low beam work but both flicker

Some research online indicates that JW harnesses work fine on every model year but 07. I have already sent a set of harnesses back as an initial reaction to the problem, that didn't solve anything. Any recommendations????

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
So here is the breakdown:
1)Stock headlights- High beam and low beam work fine
2)JW Speaker w/JW harnesses- low beam works, high beam on passenger side does not work after switching headlights and harnesses to both sides
3)JW Speaker w/JW harness on driver side and trucklite jumper on passenger side- high beam and low beam work but passenger side flickers
4)JW Speaker w/trucklite harnesses- high beam and low beam work but both flicker

Some research online indicates that JW harnesses work fine on every model year but 07. I have already sent a set of harnesses back as an initial reaction to the problem, that didn't solve anything. Any recommendations????
I've got them in my '07 with no problems...well except not passing inspection the first time. Not my fault, the inspector had never seen an LED headlight and didn't know how to handle them.

I'm pretty sure I'm using an earlier version of this wiring harness for the headlights. HL28130JP H13 to H4 Upgrade Headlamp Harness - Jeep JK Wrangler 2007>

I'd call the manufacturer and double check if you go this route.

Do yourself a favor and protect the JW's with XPEL headlight protectors.

After having them on for several years, I'm still pretty happy with them, despite the cost.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, Is there anyone on this forum that has the new harnesses and the JW headlights on an 07?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts